Vinylux question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sal365

Reaction score
Thinking about investing in vinylux, I was just wondering when it comes to pedicures is it popular with clients to have vinylux rather than shellac? Do clients buy vinylux from you to do their own nails? I am trying to put something together to promote manicure and pedicure together but can't decide whether to do an offer on shellac for both or shellac fingers and vinylux toes.

Hi Sarah, how was Florida? I went to Cosmoprof in Kissimmee but they wouldnt sell to me (quite impressed really) as I didnt have my certificates. I had ID and a business card but it wasnt enough!

To answer your question - I sell quite a lot of Vinylux, clients buy it to touch up their Shellac or to compliment it and paint their own toes. Most of my pedi's are with Vinylux instead of Shellac as clients find it easy to remove and it lasts as long as Shellac but its a cheaper service.

I'd say its rejuvenated the polish side of my business and bought me loads of retail potential so Im really happy I got it.

Karaxxx

Hi Sarah, how was Florida? I went to Cosmoprof in Kissimmee but they wouldnt sell to me (quite impressed really) as I didnt have my certificates. I had ID and a business card but it wasnt enough!

To answer your question - I sell quite a lot of Vinylux, clients buy it to touch up their Shellac or to compliment it and paint their own toes. Most of my pedi's are with Vinylux instead of Shellac as clients find it easy to remove and it lasts as long as Shellac but its a cheaper service.

I'd say its rejuvenated the polish side of my business and bought me loads of retail potential so Im really happy I got it.

Karaxxx

Sorry to interrupt Kara, could you buy anywhere in Florida? I've got my Sally's account number but my card was damaged last week and a replacement hasn't come yet, just got to Florida yesterday and was thinking of going shopping this week xx

Had a great time in Florida, I went to 2 cosmoprof shops and they were fine with selling to me, how odd that they said no Kara. Xx

Sorry to interrupt Kara, could you buy anywhere in Florida? I've got my Sally's account number but my card was damaged last week and a replacement hasn't come yet, just got to Florida yesterday and was thinking of going shopping this week xx

Hi, I didnt have any trade cards so not sure if they'd have excepted them but the manager at Cosmoprof said that if I had a photo copy of my certificates she'd have let me buy products. I had a scan on my pc at home but it was the day before I was due to come home so I didnt both getting someone to email them to me. However, I got them impression that's all they'd have accepted.

Im not sure if Sarah (Sal365) had a different experience though.

Karaxxx

Both times I went in I offered to show my certificates but neither of them took me up on it, the one in Kissimmee said she would let me do it this once and the one on orange blossom was fine about it but said I could only spend 100 dollars (although I ended up spending slightly more and she was fine)

Sally's here is open to the public. The pro discount is not huge so I would go in and see what they say but you could always buy with out the pro discount anyway. HTH! :)

Thanks everyone, I off shopping today because the weather isn't so good so I'll let you know how it goes :) xx

Thinking about investing in vinylux, I was just wondering when it comes to pedicures is it popular with clients to have vinylux rather than shellac? Do clients buy vinylux from you to do their own nails? I am trying to put something together to promote manicure and pedicure together but can't decide whether to do an offer on shellac for both or shellac fingers and vinylux toes.

Before Vinylux my clients would have fingers and toes both done with Shellac only for special occasions, holidays, weddings etc. In between times they would have fingers done and try to match polish themselves for their toes, however since I have introduced Vinylux they almost all have their toes painted with the matching Vinylux. My takings have grown vastly since introducing Vinylux. I charge £20 for Shellac on either fingers or toes so that would be £40 for both, however I do an offer of Shellac fingers and Vinylux toes for £28. Some ppl might say they'd rather clients pay the £40, well so would I, but I'd much rather they pay £28 every 2/3 weeks for Shellac and Vinylux, than £20 for Shellac on fingers with a one off £40 Shellac fingers & toes treat at Christmas. Plus it only takes roughly 10 mins to Vinylux toes which I do before Shellac so it's not adding a lot of time on. Makes good business sense to me. I retail some bottles but most of my clients are coming every 2/3 weeks to have me do it for them. I have a couple of pickers so they buy the Vinylux so they can touch up if need be in between visits. 😃

How do you find removing the vinylux from the toes? I find it quite stubborn at times .... but i do love the product :)

Latest posts

Back