Vinylux reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeofBeauty

Beautyispassion
Reaction score
What are your thoughts and experience on CND Vinylux?

X

Amazing colour. Quick drying a dream to apply. Revolutionary polish. You float with it, quick 3 step motion and your done!

I use it occasionally for pedicures I like the quick drying aspect, although it can be a nightmare for the customer to remove x

Amazing colour. Quick drying a dream to apply. Revolutionary polish. You float with it, quick 3 step motion and your done!

....and no base coat needs to be applied with this nail polish system either.

Absolutely love it and so do my clients. I think not been able to remove it works in my favour as they come back to me [emoji87]

Thank you for your replies, how long do you think the polish can last for as I've heard previously that it can go quite gloopy?

Do you mean on the nails? Or the actual bottle??

Personally I don't love them ☹ I wish I did. I was excited when they got released

Many times it needs more than one coat
Gets thick too fast
Not shiny for too long
Too thin sometimes ridges can be shown

Plus
Dries Faster than nail polish

Love it! Can take a little getting used but it brilliant!

Absolutely love it and so do my clients. I think not been able to remove it works in my favour as they come back to me [emoji87]

This is why I love it too!
It does take some getting used to. Some colours are more sheer and don't cover ridges as well but once you have a play you will realise the colours that do this.
I've not had any colours go gloopy, the top coat can as this goes harder and makes the nails more long lasting the more it is exposed to UV light. This is why it's in a black bottle and the others are clear with the colours showing through.
Before I get to the bottom of my top coat I can feel it's going a bit thick but I don't mind this. It's a small price to pay as opposed to the price point and long lasting quality I'm willing to forgive this!

Do you ladies use only use Vinylux as your lacquer or do you tend to offer another lacquer brand too? Excluding gels acrylic etc

I have 70 vinylux shades and 12 Orly - just in case I have a client who insists on a base coat or whinges about needing acetone to take her polish off!

I only offer vinylux. I like be brand specific so I only use CND as that's what I trained in :)

Oh and I forgot to mention the topcoat [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] its AMAZIng! Best topcoat ever!! Xx

Thank you ladies, I am shellac trained but thinking of using Vinylux too instead of another polish brand.

It's fab alongside shellac obviously same brand and same choice of colours as shellac excluding a few. Great to retail too. Just keep out of direct sunlight and clean the top of the bottle and it would last like any polish.

Yes shellac and vinylux go well together. I just wish I hadn't stocked the vinylux colours that are NOT in shellac- but that's hind sight for you.
I like it all to match up ......[emoji51]

Really didn't get on with it.
Went gloopy really quickly. The topcoat especially was a nightmare for it!
Some colours stained which was annoying.
I always kept the bottles clean, shook the topcoat etc but nothing worked. And I was busy so it wasn't like they were sitting for long periods.
I threw out most of them and sold the rest in the end.

Latest posts

Back