Want to train as a nail tech.. where do I start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopylis3

Reaction score
Hi everyone..This is my first time on here. I've just recently been looking into training to become a nail technician (literally its a idea that has came to me only in the last week) I sent off for a essential nails brochure as I like the idea of being able to do my training to fit around my life (Married, work part time as teaching assistant & 2 young children so time is precious!!) I love the idea of doing this as my youngest child starts school next Sept so by then I could hopefully be fully trained/qualified and then would have more time to set up my own little business.
I just really don't know where to start and am a bit put off signing up for a course incase it turns out to be a scam and I end up 100's of pounds out of pocket and no further forward than I am today!!! Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated, I live near Spalding in Lincolnshire so courses closer to home are obviously a preference. Thanks to you all who've read this message!! Lisa Xx:lol:

I suggest you use this site to get as much information as possible. Search for Essential Nails, Home Learn etc and find out from others who have gone down this route.

I also suggest you search on Creative, EZ Flow, NSI, Entity etc to find out details on these companies training courses.

In the Links section you will find contact details. I also suggest trying to get a hold of a couple of Scratch Magazines to read some of the latest goings on in the industry.

Hopefully that will keep you busy for a while LOL.

Welcome BTW!

hiya! Not sure if this helps any but i trained in Wisbech in Norfolk, was a four day course but spread over different weeks. Went for two days one week 10-4pm, and once in following weeks. I trained with IBD, and the trainer is fantastic. It used to take me just over an hour to get there but was worth it. Let me know if this helps and i can pass on any info you'l need.

Only prob for me was i moved away from the area straight after training so was unable to return for any additional help/ advice / products!! otherwise couldnt fault it!!!!

HTH Kim xx

Thanks for your advice both of you, and yes kim, please pass the info on as I work in Wisbech and only live 12 miles away (and my parents live there so babysitting would be sorted!) was the training you done in a salon and did it give you a recognised qualifacation at the end? also roughy what was the cost? could ask loads more questions but i'll wait till you've replied then go from there! thanks so much! Lisa Xx

il dig out the info for you - it was roughly £300 (i think - dont quote me!!!). It took place in a place that stocks products for salons - and they have speciallly adapted traing rooms upstairs. Let me get back to you as soon as i can dig the info out... is still packed up from when i moved 7 months ago!!!! lol!!!

Kim xx

Latest posts

Back