Wasted money on airbrush tanning system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flower131

Reaction score
I've booked my spray tanning course (sienna X) for May, I told my dad and trying to be supportive he's bought be a tanning machine (second hand, never been used) however looking at youtube videos its not the right type of machine.....the type used for the course is a HVLP.

Can I use the airbrush machine with sienna solution or will the technique be completely different to what I'll be taught on the course?

My main worry is that the machine looks very dated e.g comes with a video rather than a DVD and has what looks like little glass vials for the solution rather than plastic.

Am I best just cutting my loses (my dad only paid £35) and getting something else preferably of the sienna website or do you think its possible to use this to practice with?

Thanks

I don't know, but how sweet of your dad x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd get the recommended gun for the system you will be using....but agree with squidgernetball, what a nice thing for your Dad to do:hug:
You could always keep it as a spare!

He did try bless him, he wasn't really on-board with me doing beauty at the start so It was an especially nice gesture :).

To be honest as soon as I looked at it I knew it probably would be no good but I just wanted to double check, just a shame he wasted his money as there are some fab deals online that that money could have gone to.

x

There is no problem using Sienna X spray tan solution through a airbrush tanning machine or any machine spray tan liquid is spray tan liquid.

But the technique will be different than using HVLP machines. Airbrush machines spray finer mist and take longer to do spray tans, they are great for body contouring etc.

I would cut your losses you can still sell the machine your dad got you on Gumtree, Ebay etc.

I would buy a machine you are getting trained in so you are completely confident, and HVLP machines are the best for spray tan businesses, quick and efficient, you can pay your dad back after 2 spray tans :) Make sure you get one with a warranty so if any problems occur you are in good hands.

There are many suppliers with great deals on HVLP machines which are not expensive.

Best spray tan machines out there are MaxiMist and Wagner.

Good luck

Happy Tanning.

Latest posts

Back