Waxing-how regular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
So, I've been having my legs done for the past year. And my vay-jay-jay done twice.

Book in every 4 weeks. Which has been fine.

However. I'm not currently dating and I'm thinking if I was I'd be really peeved as I literally have 1 good week where I could get my keks off.

Is this acceptable? Am I maybe not a suitable wax candidate?

Is there anyway I can lengthen the length of time hair free?

I got a wax 19 days ago and I already have hairs that are up to half an inch long...

So, I've been having my legs done for the past year. And my vay-jay-jay done twice.

Book in every 4 weeks. Which has been fine.

However. I'm not currently dating and I'm thinking if I was I'd be really peeved as I literally have 1 good week where I could get my keks off.

Is this acceptable? Am I maybe not a suitable wax candidate?

Is there anyway I can lengthen the length of time hair free?

I got a wax 19 days ago and I already have hairs that are up to half an inch long...
I'm the same, I have been told that the hairs are in a few different cycles so grow at different times? So you have to stick with it for quite a while. (I'm not trained in waxing, just giving my opinion from experience). I've not had a wax for a long time as I couldn't justify the cost. I bought a laser hair removal system from Boots and I shave and then use that - the hairs are noticeably finer and I have bald patches where hair simply doesn't grow anymore. I couldn't afford to have them done professionally so the results aren't as immediate but works for me. Alternatively, I use Nair hair removal cream for dark/coarse hair. My hairs grow really quick. I'll shave in the morning and by the evening I need to shave again. Not as bad when I'm using the laser though!

Stick with it, 2 waxes isnt really that many so your hair is prob getting used to being waxed & its quite a comitment to start off with.

Not sure if it would help but is going more regularly a possibility? Xx

I've been having my legs done every 4/5 weeks for the past 12 months.

I could... But it's like £50 every 4 weeks which is bad enough. If I could afford it. I'd go every 2 weeks!!

I wax my own legs (am a beauty geek) and have been doing them years, but think I started on 2 weekly at first to try & get the hair cycle in sync (no way of doing my own foo-foo & im not trained in intimate waxing so may get corrected if im wrong)

Is The quick regrowth worse on your legs or nethers? Could you concentrate on one area to start with & go fortnightly? (is there enough regrowth- we say about a grain of rice long) & would that cut the cost down?

I must admit I have to do my underarms 3 weekly as they just keep growing! These have also been regulally waxed for years so some areas do seem resistant! Xx

at the moment my nethers worse. But, my legs are seen more
So that bothers me more.

Was considering doing my own half leg after two weeks...

I'm a hair geek. But thought it would tide me over

If I remember rightly it took me a good year of waxing every 2 weeks before I could then stretch it to 3. My hair is so dark and coarse, and just seems to grow everywhere.
I would love laser treatment but the idea of shaving in between treatments makes my skin itchy already.
I say stick with it! Perhaps ask your beautician about hair minimising creams that are suitable for the Vjay regions xx

I think 2 weekly will help, at least to get the hair in some sort of cycle. Thats what I found with legs anyhow as Ive no experience with anything further than a bikini im afraid.

God, the things we do eh? Xx

I would suggest around every 4 weeks, (that's roughly the cycle of the hair ) any less than that you won't be getting the maximum benefit from your treatment as the hairs aren't long enough to to grip in the wax. Please persevere. Ideally go longer between treatments not shorter X

Yes, I agree with Fluffy. Aim for a waxing once every 4 weeks.
If I have a client new to leg waxing I explain about the growth cycle and tell them they can shave (not tweezer) anything that appears in the first 10 days. After that it's hands off until the next waxing.
By the third waxing usually the hair has been forced into the same cycle so the client goes hair free for longer.

I would agree though that some clients need underarm waxing every 3 weeks during the summer and sleeveless tops.

Latest posts

Back