We are professionals.....aren't we??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooshka

Reaction score
We call ourselves professionals because let's face it, we are:) but being professional does not just mean we have a certificate to say we are fully trained, it also means we should behave, look, think and speak in a professional manner when it comes to anything to do with our work.

We are a professional site here at SG even though we can be seen by the public, so with this in mind I think we need to make sure we are professional with what we talk about in our posts here at SG and be factual in our information.

I have seen an increase recently in posts talking about NSS (Non Standard Salons) but being referred to as Chinese Nail Bars.

The fact is, this is not correct and it is not right for us as professionals to refer to them using this term as not all NSS are owned/operated by this nationality, the fact is, they are operated by many different walks of life from every corner of the globe and it is not right for us professionals to put this one group of people into the one basket like it is implied when the term Chinese Nail Bar is used.
It's not about their nationality, it's about the low standards in the salons when it comes to workmanship, sanitization and care for the clients etc.

No matter who owns these types of salons, the professional and correct term is NSS when we are referring to this type of salon.
By using this term we are ensuring we do not offend any one group of people based on where they come from because the issue is not about where they originate from, it's about the low standards offered.

In Australia where I live, I can name numerous NSS that are owned by many different nationalities and I know other countries are the same.

I encourage us all to always be professional in everything we do and this includes terms we use in our posts here at SG and call these places what they really are, which is..........
NSS.
:Love:

I fully agree with this.

We get many reports where people have used Race comments when describing NSS. We will always change it to NSS or preferably Discount Salons.

I dont think this really needs to be a discussion as it could quite easily go off topic.

The point has been made and if anyone sees inappropriate comments then please report them.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back