website design and online selling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do-it-all Deb

Reaction score
Hiya everyone

I would love some advice from any of you that not only have your own website but sell online as well. I currently work from home but next year will lose my workroom when building work starts on our house. I keep going round in circles as to how to keep working during this period of time (and more importantly earning money!) and have reached the conclusion that apart from anything else I want to set up an online store selling beauty and nail stuff.

Now I have dabbled a little in web design but cannot produce anything that would be professional enough for this purpose, but I want to keep control of the site and be able to make my own changes when necessary. Also I don't want to spend a fortune setting up, because obviously I need to test the water so to speak!

Hope that some of you can help me!

Hi

One of the geeks hubbie is a web designer but for the life of me i cant remember who it is...lol i know that aint much help but im sure someone will know her name...!;)

Good luck with the business

vicky x
Do-it-all Deb said:
Hiya everyone

I would love some advice from any of you that not only have your own website but sell online as well. I currently work from home but next year will lose my workroom when building work starts on our house. I keep going round in circles as to how to keep working during this period of time (and more importantly earning money!) and have reached the conclusion that apart from anything else I want to set up an online store selling beauty and nail stuff.

Now I have dabbled a little in web design but cannot produce anything that would be professional enough for this purpose, but I want to keep control of the site and be able to make my own changes when necessary. Also I don't want to spend a fortune setting up, because obviously I need to test the water so to speak!

Hope that some of you can help me!

the serif web design software is fantastic. AND you don't even need to buy it - it can be downloaded for free from their website. I don't have the web address to hand but it's probably something like www.serif.com but check out google for it.
it'll save you a fortune and is just like a desk top publishing package and it's so easy to use. You can start from scratch and design your own logo or import etc or use one of their layouts.
really worth looking at especially as it won't cost you a bean!
hth

Deb

It's my hubby that design's websites, let me know if you need any help, he'll be more than happy to help.

Just bumping this back up, but maybe all you people with online shops are too busy to reply!

Latest posts

Back