Wella formula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slrbabes

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a client next week who wants her current warm dark brown (level 4/5) stripping out and re-tinting to be like the attached picture.
Which formula would you use to cover the warmth that will be revealed? I was thinking illumina 6/16 and 7/81 with 1.9% 50:50 ratio however her hair does pull very orange so not sure if I should do 25% 5/81 and 75% 7/81 to kill the orange but not go as dark as 5/81 as the /6 violet isn’t really necessary for the orange?

Thanks in advance, wella colour house x

Attachments

• IMG_3999.png
    IMG_3999.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
Hi all
I have a client next week who wants her current warm dark brown (level 4/5) stripping out and re-tinting to be like the attached picture.
Which formula would you use to cover the warmth that will be revealed? I was thinking illumina 6/16 and 7/81 with 1.9% 50:50 ratio however her hair does pull very orange so not sure if I should do 25% 5/81 and 75% 7/81 to kill the orange but not go as dark as 5/81 as the /6 violet isn’t really necessary for the orange?

Thanks in advance, wella colour house x
5/81+7/81 would potentially leave you with a very flat colour. I would say the goal hair colour isn't completely flat. It has a slight warmth and softness to it. So I'd probably use 6/16 as part of your formula. If the colour throws a lot of warmth then 5/02 will kill that warmth well. When it comes to toning back down you just need to consider what level the hair has actually lifted to and then that is what will really determine your formula to re colour with.

5/81+7/81 would potentially leave you with a very flat colour. I would say the goal hair colour isn't completely flat. It has a slight warmth and softness to it. So I'd probably use 6/16 as part of your formula. If the colour throws a lot of warmth then 5/02 will kill that warmth well. When it comes to toning back down you just need to consider what level the hair has actually lifted to and then that is what will really determine your formula to re colour with.
I went with the 6/16 and 7/81, it turned out nice but still throwing out a little warmth.
Glad I didn’t go with just the /81s! Thanks

I went with the 6/16 and 7/81, it turned out nice but still throwing out a little warmth.
Glad I didn’t go with just the /81s! Thanks
If in a couple of weeks it needs to be refreshed you could use illumina again as a gloss which is lovely. Use 1 part colour : 1 part pastel developer: 1 part post colour treatment. Leave for up to 20 mins. It'll softly deposit tone and give a lovely shine. The alternative would be to retail the client a blue shampoo and conditioner if it's orange tones you can see. Or if it's more red tones present retail a green tinted shampoo and conditioner.

Latest posts

Back