What are the most profitable salon treatments ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I am not surprised how many people are clearly interested in what makes profitable treatments - over 500 people have viewed this thread !!!!!

Come on !! This is a site for "salon geeks" a place where professionals are sharing hints, tips, prices and business knowledge all the time !! ??
Just scroll through dozens of threads on the site:
For example:
What do you charge for blah blah?
What are the costs for X product ?
How should I market such and such?

Clearly this is a subject that interests many of you - lets discuss. All consumers know that everything has a wholesale cost and a retail price. Be realistic girlies ! Lets share knowledge and help one another - if not whats the point of the site. It sends the message that we can't be truly upfront and open. Big Brother is not watching - chill out !

Rant over

Mx:irked:

Just to say I totally agree as you can see from my earlier posts - its not MI5!

Just to say I totally agree as you can see from my earlier posts - its not MI5!

Haha no it's not MI5, and yes it is a professional site. But, as has been mentioned before, a professional site that is viewable by all.

As Fiona (naturalnails) said, it's cool to post "x is more profitable than y" but not to go into more detail than that.

I am afraid this was a decision made right at the beginning of the site that trade prices would not be discussed openly. If you want to enter into a discussion about how much treatments cost to you then please do it in a PM.

It may be a professional help site but we cannot control who views this. You cannot say it is ok to post cost per treatment but not cost of retail - it is easier to just say no to prices.

I can't believe you're questioning "the point of the site" just because no-one can talk figures with you! A lot of us have been here for a good while, enjoying this site and learning from it without ever venturing down this avenue, as we respect the rules that come with the site.

If this was a password-protected forum for strictly professionals only, I'm sure we'd all be discussing profit margins left, right and centre.

The 500 views of this thread just goes to show how accessible the Salon Geek is, you don't have to be a member to view threads, and most threads come up in the top 10 Google searches if you type in the corresponding keywords.

Amy,

I was simply saying that I don't think its rocket science to work out how much profit is in these type of things without needing to be told by a 'pro' as such. Just lighten up a bit, I think everyone (inital poster included) took your point about site rules and have respected that as if you read the posts that were intended to be helpful nobody at all has mentioned exact profit margins only that X is more profitable than Y as you say. (I did say that doing as such was what I couldn't see a problem with in one of my earlier replies).

Anyway, I shan't reply to any further remarks as I think the matter is resolved and I don't come on here to argue.

Latest posts

Back