What diet works for you?? M.E makes it hard!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oatridge2006

Reaction score
I'm looking for a bit of advice and some success stories to spur me on! Wanting to know what diets you have tried and work? I used to go to the gym about 4-5 times and week and ride horses 5 times a week and quite fit and healthy! I got ill with M.E / chronic fatigue syndrome last year and weight has become a massive issue and it bogs me down :-( tried many diets but apparently seems a side effect of the illness to have difficulty loosing weight!
What has worked for you? I'm willing to give most things a go but also have to eat often to make sure I feel well! Also might give a boost to other that want to fight the flub, we can spur eachother on :)

I feel your pain! The only thing that has worked for me is limiting my calories to between 1200 to 1550 and walking. Writing down everything you eat makes a HUGE difference, too.

Forget the gimmicks, pills, claims of rapid weight loss, etc. It really is this simple: calories in vs calories out.

HTH and best of luck to you! :hug:

Hi

You have clearly had a rough time of it M.E is very debilitating illness.
I am not a sufferer my self but my Mum "had" ME for over 15 years after a virus in her ear left her bed bound for months. I would never believed how terrible this condition could be and the effect it can have on an entire family if I had not experienced this with my Mum.

I say "had" as she has totally recovered now after 15 years of being ill. My Mum tried everything and I mean everything to help get out of her chronic fatigue, you name it she tried it, diet, counselling, homeopathy, herbalist etc etc etc

A friend of a friend told her about a treatment called reverse therapy. Now I am not entirly sure about how it works as part of the treatment you are not meant to discuss with your nearest and dearest but what I can say is she is a new woman. She had the reverse therapy over 3 years ago and she has never looked back, I feel like I have my Mum back and it is wonderful. This is where you will find more information about it: Mickel Therapy | A methodical Approach to Fatigue Conditions

I wish you all the best with finding a solution to your M.E.

Lee-Anne x

Thank you for your replies guys! I have been to the docs and attempted the gym today for my induction! Today I feel well, I'm hoping it doesn't kick in tomorrow! I'm also going to attempt slimming world as I think it's best suited to me! I'm also going to check out that website! I have been lucky - although it has been a rough road I am doing really well only just over a year on - touch wood! Being 21 I think is on my side and determination! Please keep updated on how you/your mum is! It's all such a learning curve because it's such an unpredictable illness any info may help! :)

SLIMMING WORLD!!!

Is what works in 3 weeks I've lost 1/2 a stone my boyfriend has lost 1 stone 3 pounds

It's amazing and you can eat!!!
I'm not doing ANY excercise at all because of a bad knee

Look into it. It's brill !!

I'm off to the slimming world session this morning! Very excited! Exercise worked for me better than anything before being ill but I tried 20 mins low exercise and it hurt :-( so slimming world here I come!! Thank you for your feedback I hope tour still doing well :)

Latest posts

Back