What do I do next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazza83

Reaction score
just completed nvq level 2 hair and now i am unsure what to do next.I feel i only know the basics so i know going into mobile/home salon is not for me at the moment as i wouldn't know what to do if i have something i am not sure about.i am doing some work experience in a salon but i know its not enough.I did try to get onto a level 3 course but got told i need to be working in a salon with a regular colomn of clients.what do i do next?do i look for individual courses like colour correction,creative cuts(inverted bobs etc),etc
any help would be grateful as i am feeling a little unsure of myself now
sazza

Last edited:
The best thing you could do would ideally be to get a job in a salon with other stylists.
That way you will build a clientelle of your own and get to mlearn loads of new things and gain experience at the same time.
Working in a team will help to widen your services and will give you so much more confidence.

Good luck.xx

Thank you for your reply, i would love to do that but i cannot do this as of childcare i can only get my mum to look after my youngest for a few hours 1 day a week for me to do my work experience as he isn't in school yet ( starts Sept) i don't feel confident to do styles i haven't learnt like inverted bobs etc.this is how i am feeling a little lost at the moment
sazza

is there any courses anyone could recommend?

Where i live some of our suppliers offer courses and 1 day workshops so maybe you could look into that for your local area.
But honestly everyone has to start where you are and salon based with other stylists etc is def the best form of gaining knowledge and confidence.
I had my eldest child when i was 18 and half way through my training so i had to come back to gain my nvq and also the confidence to be able to be where i am now.
I went back 3 days a week and he went to a family friend one day and a childminder the other 2 untill he started pre school,which made it alot easier.
I had to pay childcare fees whilst on a trainee wage which was less than what is offered now.

Good luck and hope you find what your looking for.
x

Thank you so much for your replies,I was just after a little advice, i have 3 children but my oldest 2 are in school while youngest is starting in Sept,so waiting till then to see if where i am doing my voluntary work experience will have a me another day and get wrap round care through the school.i will look into my local suppliers and see what training they offer, i know sally's does day training but wasn't sure if their was any if anyone could recommend a national one.Thank you again sazza

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back