What do you look for when renting a chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyJen

Reaction score
Hello lovelies, I'm expanding my beauty salon and going to be setting up a hair salon within it for a hairdresser to come in and rent the chair. I'm beauty trained so no hair experience so don't want to employ anyone to do it but do want it to be available to my clients at my salon. I'm thinking of providing the chair, backwash and mirror but then the hairdresser will supply all of their own equipment and products. We are a busy beauty salon so I think there will be plenty of clients for the new hairdresser. I'm thinking £100 per week rental. How does this sound? What do you look for yourself in a salon when looking to rent a chair? Thankyou x

Hiya! I charge £40 per day, I provide section, chair, trolley, sham, con, towrls, tea, coffee, they have all there own electricals and products :) hope this helps x

Forgot to say, personally I would look for - a chance to build up clientele
A professional salon
Adequate room to work
Storage for colours&products
X

Oh that's great Thankyou. X

You say you provide towels, so do you pay for her towels to be washed too?x

Yes I have a washin machine in the bk of the salon and were lucky enough to have a bk yard so I can hang them out, in the winter I take them home to put in the dryer, I have 3 girls renting each do 2 days a week....what I would say is get a price and stick to it... There's been times when they have asked to pay 1/2 price if there not doing a full day if there not busy but they will never offer to pay extra if they are fully booked and work over the closing times! Sounds harsh but if I wasn't busy my landlord wouldn't accept less rent, it stops any complications so I make it clear - £40 per day however they choose to fill there day x

Thanks that's a good point. Can't believe the cheek of some people, asking to pay less! Well that's great info, thanks x

I no, even if ur friendly with them ppl will always try and get something for nothing, iv learnt that!! Good luck! Any other questions don't hesitate to ask :) x

Latest posts

Back