What do you read?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StefanM

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering, as hair salon owners, what magazines (related to hair salons, not like 'Hello' and 'OK' magazine ;)) and trade press do you read? In order to market, I need to get infront of you guys so I need to see the places you all pop up in :)

Cheers,

Stefan

Surely someone can recommend good Trade Mags for the Hair Industry? Although Stefan why don't you google it and see what comes up, then you can ask what the hair geeks think of the publications you find.
Maybe you will get a better response then.

The only mag I buy every week is country life. Sorry

Thanks! :)

I've seen:

Professional Beauty
Scratch (Is this possibly more for nails rather than hair?)
Hairdresser Journal (HJ)
Salon Business

Any others/do people read these?

Cheers

Thanks for your honesty Persianista! :D

I have a subsciption to hj, although i dnt know if id renew it as imo it isnt as good as it used to be. hths
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Kimi1101 :)

I will confess, all the mags that get sent to the salon free (scratch/guild/beauty) go in the bin. Boring for the clients (they like ok and heat) and clutter in the staff room.
If I want to find out about industry stuff I google it or look on here.

Sorry I'm not being very helpful.....

No, that's the truth which is what I like to hear :) It's better than you reeling all sorts of stuff off, such as 'I always read HJ', as it'll help me realistically decide where to advertise to get in front of you guys :)

I've seen:

Professional Beauty
Scratch (Is this possibly more for nails rather than hair?)
Hairdresser Journal (HJ)
Salon Business

Any others/do people read these?

Cheers
You're right, Scratch magazine is aimed at nail professionals as opposed to hair professionals :)

i dont think hj is very good at the mo either, isn't there a mag called professional hairdresser as well? x

Thanks for sharing your view :) I have just googled it, and yes there is :) Thanks for that. Apart from HJ, do you subscribe to any others?

Latest posts

Back