What facial procedures can non-medically qualified beautician perform?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irinazest

Reaction score
As beauticians can not perform Botox and Derma rollers on clients without being medically qualified (only doctors, dentists or prescribtion nurses) what other procedures can they do apart from low end facials, masks, etc?

There are plenty of treatments therapists can perform, and while we cannot perform botox, it doesn't mean that the great treatments many therapists provide should be belittled to a 'low end' description.
There are many treatments that utilise amazing electrical modalities that can be used by therapists to see fantastic results, so maybe you need to look into that area to see what there is on offer.

The general beauty therapy nvq3 covers body electricals and facial electricals so that's stuff like galvanic, faradic, microcurrent, microdermabrasion, vacuum and high frequency. There's also electrolysis. In my experience a number of people train in this skill but never use it but if there's demand for it you could really give yourself a competitive edge.

Many product houses have their own facial peel treatments. Gerrards (available through Ellisons) do a glycolic one and dermashine one which are both good.

Further to this vtct level four qualifications are available in advanced electrolysis and a laser based treatment I know nothing about lol.

There are lots of non botox options for skin and I suspect a lot of clients who are sceptical of botox really appreciate that (I know I do!)

@irinazest - beauty therapists can perform dermaroller.

I agree with what's been said. None of my clients want botox. They want facials that make them look amazing and that's what they get x

I've had a couple of clients who've come off the botox and have opted for electrical facials. That said, sometimes the manual massage facial can do what the electrical facials can't: give them deep relaxation.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1442399882.163341.jpg
i offer both alift and dermatude in my salon and love love love them my ladies who were having Botox and fillers have stopped and are only having the facials as as it does the whole face neck and decolatage ;) (promise I don't work for them) just love the treatments it has really changed my business

So you need a skin care or college qualification to attend them mobilemartine?

Hi, I'm a level 3 therapist and work in a doctor led clinic. I carry out chemical skin peels, microdermabrasion, dermaroller, radio frequency skin tightening, mild fractional skin resurfacing, laser hair removal, led facials etc.

There are plenty of companies that offer training in these sort of treatments. Usually if you apply for a job in one of these types of clinics they'll train you up.

Latest posts

Back