What is the best laser or IPL hair removal machine out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah17

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and just joined so apologies if this topic has already been discussed?
I have recently qualified in beauty level 2, 3 and 4 which is laser hair removal. I am looking to either purchase or lease a laser or IPL laser machine to start my beauty business.

Do any of you currently use a laser hair removal machine and what have your experiences been?

There are so many different ones out there and I am just very confused as in what one to go for?

I recently had a meeting with Ellipse and they seemed very professional but still too early for me to make a decision as I need to go and see other laser companies to compare pros and cons.

Do you have any experiences using or buying certain laser machines?
Thanks for your help in advance :)

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and just joined so apologies if this topic has already been discussed?
I have recently qualified in beauty level 2, 3 and 4 which is laser hair removal. I am looking to either purchase or lease a laser or IPL laser machine to start my beauty business.

Do any of you currently use a laser hair removal machine and what have your experiences been?

There are so many different ones out there and I am just very confused as in what one to go for?

I recently had a meeting with Ellipse and they seemed very professional but still too early for me to make a decision as I need to go and see other laser companies to compare pros and cons.

Do you have any experiences using or buying certain laser machines?
Thanks for your help in advance :)

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Totally understand your dilemma, been through many companies with demos etc. finally went for a SkinFirst machine from skinfirst UK. Had it for over 4 years now and it's the best decision I made. Feel free to PM X

Hi Sarah,

I looked into this recently and decided against it in the end. My reasons were:
  • Too much competition within walking distance (I'm central) so it would have been a price war
  • I'd located a very well priced 2nd hand Soprano but stumbled upon a little known detail that meant every so often, I'd need to change the head which costs a whopping 20k a go. An ex laser rep told me this.
  • High service charges.
So I didn't think it was worth my while. But if you're in the right location, it could work really well. All the ABC lasers are good including the Soprano; Lynton is good as well. It will depend on your market- what skin colour is your target market? Different lasers for different skin tones.

Hope that was helpful. I'd still say to try to locate a second hand/ ex display machine that the original company is willing to continue servicing. Instead of a traditional lease, you could consider a long term loan if you qualify.

Totally understand your dilemma, been through many companies with demos etc. finally went for a SkinFirst machine from skinfirst UK. Had it for over 4 years now and it's the best decision I made. Feel free to PM X
Hi Sana,

Thanks for your reply. I will check out Skin First. Did you lease the machine or buy it out? What sort of price was it if you don't mind me asking?

What skin types does it work on?

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

I looked into this recently and decided against it in the end. My reasons were:
  • Too much competition within walking distance (I'm central) so it would have been a price war
  • I'd located a very well priced 2nd hand Soprano but stumbled upon a little known detail that meant every so often, I'd need to change the head which costs a whopping 20k a go. An ex laser rep told me this.
  • High service charges.
So I didn't think it was worth my while. But if you're in the right location, it could work really well. All the ABC lasers are good including the Soprano; Lynton is good as well. It will depend on your market- what skin colour is your target market? Different lasers for different skin tones.

Hope that was helpful. I'd still say to try to locate a second hand/ ex display machine that the original company is willing to continue servicing. Instead of a traditional lease, you could consider a long term loan if you qualify.

Hi Riva,

Thank you for your reply. I understand where you are coming from and London definitely has a lot of competition. I am based in Buckinghamshire.

I have heard that a Soprano is meant to be good as one of my friends has had treatments using this machine.

My target market will be white skin, Asian skin as well as Mediterranean. I want a laser machine which will not limit me and will work on majority skin colours.

I recently went to go see Ellipse and they work out if you lease the machine over a 3/4 year period paying monthly instalments between £500-£600 or whatever amount you find affordable The machine works out in total £25k +VAT. You would need to pay a deposit and in the end you get to keep the machine and they provide a 3 year warranty so if anything goes wrong they will come out and fix this. I am presuming most of these reputable companies offer this now.

I think I need to consider looking at more second hand machines, I have found some but again need to know if I will be covered by the company in terms of maintenance and warranty.

Sarah x

Hi Sana,

Thanks for your reply. I will check out Skin First. Did you lease the machine or buy it out? What sort of price was it if you don't mind me asking?

What skin types does it work on?

Sarah x

Hi Sana,

Sorry I forgot to ask which machine are you currently using from Skin First? Do you have your own salon? Where are you based?

Sarah x

Hi Sana,

Sorry I forgot to ask which machine are you currently using from Skin First? Do you have your own salon? Where are you based?

Sarah x

Hi I lease a room within a business centre in Bradford. I bought the maxi plus skinfirst machine outright it treats skin type 1-5.
X

Last edited:
Hi I lease a room within a business centre in Bradford. I bought the maxi plus skinfirst machine outright it treats skin type 1-5.
X
Great thanks for your reply x

Latest posts

Back