What new things are you investing in this year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souz

Reaction score
So xmas is over and now we have to plan for the rest of the year...are you doing extra training? Or bringing new products in?

The two girls that work alongside me and myself are trained in other treatments i dont currently offer so we are going to expand our treatments with reflexology, ear piercing and hopi ear candles. One of the girls is training in eyebrow extensions and i will be training to become an educator. I a going to start a monthly newsletter for existing clients and hope to bring alot more retail into the salon. We are also going to be doing skincare and makeup workshops for clients.

What are you doing for your salon?

Last edited:
I only do nails but my plans are to expand into Gel II which I've already started buying.

Will be booking this week to do the Gel II application course with the Creative Beauty Group next month. I've already applied it on myself and a couple of friends and it's lasting beautifully but would like to know all there is about it.

I'm also going to continue my studies with Sweet Squared so I'm completely on the ball before the holiday season kicks off.

It will be my first full year of trading as a nail technician so Im quite excited.

I've booked a bellabaci massage course
Micro dermabrasion and ordered a flabelos machine arriving Thursday :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've booked a bellabaci massage course
Micro dermabrasion and ordered a flabelos machine arriving Thursday :)

Jojo whats a bellaba ci massage course?? And id love a flabelos machine x

What microdermabrasion machine are you getting??

Dolly Lashes are on the list for me 💋

Im going to be adding more treatments to my price list.
Im doing a gel nail extensions course tomorrow, thinking of doing lash lift.
What does anyone else recommend me doing?
Thank you :)

Sent from Jess's Beauty Room.

What make gel extensions are you doing Jess?

I heard gellux do a brand of extensions?
I'm not to sure yet, I'll find out more and whats best when I do my training.
Do you recommend any ? X

Sent from Jess's Beauty Room

I do Jessica geleration! I'm trained in extensions but not sure what gel to use x

We spent last year training, moving premises, decorating and we did a lot of making do!

This year - I have already taken on Gel ll add a new gel system but still think I'm a very mediocre manicurist so I would like to hone those skills (you may find me sitting at your elbow one day Souz). Our computer is on a go slow so I think I'm going to have to buy a new one and we desperately need a new desk for reception.

We moved in in September but there is still so much to be done. A lot of it looks unfinished but think that if you leave it too long, it starts to look normal!

My daughter is doing another express lash course as the one she did was pretty poor. That's at the end of Jan which also coincides with an HD refresher day two days before so end of Jan will be busy but not earning but after that it's time to hunker down and earn some serious dosh!
I've also promised Liv that I'll look into getting her a car through the business as hers is dying a slow death at the moment!

And that's it lol. Roll on 2015!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

There are just so many to choose from, it's always a struggle picking whats best

Sent from my BUSH 7.0 TABLET using SalonGeek mobile app

Skin base I'm going with free training

Bellabaci is cupping massage with silicone massage cups :)

We spent last year training, moving premises, decorating and we did a lot of making do!

This year - I have already taken on Gel ll add a new gel system but still think I'm a very mediocre manicurist so I would like to hone those skills (you may find me sitting at your elbow one day Souz). Our computer is on a go slow so I think I'm going to have to buy a new one and we desperately need a new desk for reception.

We moved in in September but there is still so much to be done. A lot of it looks unfinished but think that if you leave it too long, it starts to look normal!

My daughter is doing another express lash course as the one she did was pretty poor. That's at the end of Jan which also coincides with an HD refresher day two days before so end of Jan will be busy but not earning but after that it's time to hunker down and earn some serious dosh!
I've also promised Liv that I'll look into getting her a car through the business as hers is dying a slow death at the moment!

And that's it lol. Roll on 2015!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vicki, there is nothing mediocre about you!! I dont believe it.......and you are welcome at my elbow anytime!!! In fact we could do a swap!

Im going to be adding more treatments to my price list.
Im doing a gel nail extensions course tomorrow, thinking of doing lash lift.
What does anyone else recommend me doing?
Thank you :)

Sent from Jess's Beauty Room.

Definitely do lash lift!!! Popular treatment for those who don't want extensions!

I'm just starting out in this business so I'll be booking myself onto various courses beginning with Manicure and Shellac (I've already trained in manicure years ago but never had the certificate) and also doing a gel/acrylic course. Also I'll be investing in getting all the proper equipment. Expensive time!

Vicki, there is nothing mediocre about you!! I dont believe it.......and you are welcome at my elbow anytime!!! In fact we could do a swap!

I think swapping may be the way to go. A one to one with someone who's work you admire!
Either that or we just have some treatments.
Paying for training is all well and good but sometimes all you need is a quick refresher. Several times on here I have offered to go through a half leg wax with a geek struggling with timings but never been taken up on it!

I might pm you souz. I'd love to come and visit x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last year I added female intimate waxing & this year in March Im training with Kim again in the male speed & intimate waxing.
Excited to widen an area I already offer & love.

There are also a few bits and pieces I need to spruce up my room & also thinking maybe a paint job is needed, if I don't move.

I've also had a new logo designed, business cards, flyers & price guide. Which are currently being printed. (This was far more stressful than I thought possible) so excited to have these ready & out there!
Kt

I'm making the move from a salon to being a mobile tech, so this year is going to be an expensive one for me. I'm going to update my training and purchase the brands I prefer, rather than the salon enforced ones I disagreed with. I just hope it pays off!

Latest posts

Back