What steps do I take to become a certified trainer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Any information please?

I have NVQ level 3, some teaching qualifications (city & guilds) and some experience. I now want to take the steps to becoming a tutor. I want to work either for a nail company or self employed around my area.

If you can tell me your experiences and how you did it if your a tutor yourself, would be helpful.

Thanks

hi,

I done the the Cert Ed 2 yr eve course to be able to qualify to teach Beauty Therapy, with the idea of teaching in college. But the funding cuts have been a nitemare and a lot of the courses have been cut back. so there is not a lot of hours available at the minute.

I have since opened my own beauty business within a ladies only gym and i am seeking advice on how i could teach private. the only problem is certification and how its issued i suppose.

good luck :)

I am also looking into this and have arranged a meeting with a careers advisor at my local college for some advice. From doing loads of research on the net it seems that a PTLLS, followed by a DTLLS is the way to do it. I think you will then be qualified to teach in a College or privately...but I will find out more when I've had the meeting. hth.

yes please share once you know.

I know the route for FE teaching, ive already started that. As you say cut backs = less jobs. For now id like to try to do it self employed. Im thinking just a qualification in your area of skill and an asessors award, but how do i link up with the awarding body eg;city and guilds. Contacting them direct maybe?

yes iv'e been told to contact city & guilds direct to register with them. they will give all the advice we need i believe. hth

pttls and a1 award required for accreditation of short course.
pgce and a1 award required for full nvq or college lecturer.
If you are going down the route of city and guilds or vtct centre then you would need and IV award and also a second person to iv your assessments.

Latest posts

Back