Q

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma86

Reaction score

Last edited:
I’ve been working In a new salon for over 2 years I’m self employed and the clients don’t seem to get a chance to be booked in with me again even if I’ve done them in the past they get booked with the other stylist she is friends with the receptionist! the owner has a full clientele so she doesn’t seem bothered as I’ve mentioned it to her a few time I’ve also ask if theirs a problem with my work and she’s said no I asked if we have had any complaints we haven’t can anyone give me any advice please ?

I’ve experienced this - I also only work Friday and Saturday since having my youngest so I’m not in the salon to be catching clients coming in or phoning to book - one thing that works great for me is having my own business page on Facebook/instagram and advertising myself - and now the majority of my clients mail my pages for appointments and I like having all my work displayed together rather than getting lost in amongst all the other hair/nails/makeup pictures posted on the salons social media pages

The obvious solution is to rebook the clients before they leave and if they don’t want to book straight away, give them your card and ask them to call you when they want to come back. If you use social media, set up a booking option online.

You are running your own business within the salon so you need to be much more assertive with the receptionist and tell her that you expect her to book your clients back in with you.

How are client records stored and who has access to them?

I’ve experienced this - I also only work Friday and Saturday since having my youngest so I’m not in the salon to be catching clients coming in or phoning to book - one thing that works great for me is having my own business page on Facebook/instagram and advertising myself - and now the majority of my clients mail my pages for appointments and I like having all my work displayed together rather than getting lost in amongst all the other hair/nails/makeup pictures posted on the salons social media pages

Thank you for your reply

Last edited:
The obvious solution is to rebook the clients before they leave and if they don’t want to book straight away, give them your card and ask them to call you when they want to come back. If you use social media, set up a booking option online.

You are running your own business within the salon so you need to be much more assertive with the receptionist and tell her that you expect her to book your clients back in with you.

How are client records stored and who has access to them?

Thank you for

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply I’ve recently set up my own instagram page and I’ve got some business cards printed with just my mobile number on I put them on the desk and they have been moved as it hasn’t got the salons address and number on

I have business cards with my mobile number on and my own logo sat at my section - try handing them to clients when they’re paying/rebooking if it’s a new client I normally write down my days and hours on the back, at the end of the day if your self employed your still running your own business within the salon so I just always keep that in mind [emoji176]

Thank you for your reply All the client cards are kept together in a draw we all have access to them I am assertive with her but I’m not always around.

That shouldn’t normally be allowed to happen because it breaches GDPR rules unless you ensure that EVERY client has signed to agree that their data can be accessed by everyone in the salon.

Ordinarily, as you are all operating as independent businesses within the salon, client data should be stored separately and only accessible by the individual stylist. If a client chose to complain to the Data Protection Office, it would be the individual stylist who would be prosecuted, not the salon owner. I suspect that until there are more prosecutions, salon owners and stylists won’t take these matters seriously.

In the meantime, look at investing in an online booking system via your Facebook/website etc. so that you can bypass the receptionist. If you persuade some of the other renters in the salon to do the same, the salon won’t need to employ a receptionist.

All

Last edited:
I agree on the rebooking at the spot for next session. It will work in such situation.

Thank you for your reply I’ve recently set up my own instagram page and I’ve got some business cards printed with just my mobile number on I put them on the desk and they have been moved as it hasn’t got the salons address and number on
Good initiative.

Latest posts

Back