What to put on website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
So i've recently just started building my website. On my home page I have a scrolling gallery along the top of previous nail work and underneath a mailing list sign up form and a little info box about the 'treatment of the month'. I've got a good bit of space under that i don't know what to fill it with! I already have an 'about' page, should I move all the about info to the home page? I just didn't want a lot of writing on the home page!
I was thinking of maybe adding a blog to the home page? Once a week or fortnight I could write a post about new nail trends, new treatments etc (I used to be a beauty blogger).

I'd add a strip of latest news articles on the home page and I would most certainly have quite a bit of text on the home page. About text or Welcome text is ideal. You want it to be written to be effective for SEO purposes as well.

What kind of news articles?? Im useless at designing websites but cant afford the €400 to pay someone to do it right now, hoping I can throw one together for now and eventually upgrade! So hard to get it to look professional though when Im clearly not a professional web designer haha

lol I understand what you mean. Did you get a quote from us? Not sure the exchange rate but I'm sure it wouldn't be that much and we also have payment plans. Just a thought.

When I said news articles I mean have a blog page with all your blog posts on and then you normally have a small section that says 'Latest News' and it's a list of the titles of all your blog posts.

Here is an example. Right hand side bar at the bottom - http://holisticandbeautytreatments.co.uk/indian-head-massage/

No it was a local company! Thought it was a bit steep to be honest. Can you message me a quote please?

Ahh good idea!

Latest posts

Back