What would you suggest - Open Evening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junejuno

Reaction score
Hi,

We will be opening a new hair and beaut studio soon and we need some advice about an open evening.

I know I have read that an open evening is a good idea for a new salon, but what sort of "do" should it be and when?

What day of the week for instance would be best?

What time of day should we hold it?

Would the open evening be say, the day before the launch or just after?

We were thinking of offering red & white wine and non alcoholic cold drinks but what sort of nibbles??

Should we offer mini treatments or just show people round the premises and aim at getting some bookings?

Lots of questions and they may sound silly but we've never done it before!! :eek:

Why dont you combine the launch with an open evening. If you offer taster treatments it will boost attendance at the launch and getting people to attend two events will probably be harder than one. Just a thought, I am no expert!!

use the search option in the blue taskbar above as this has been discussed many times, you will have lots of lovely ideas already suggested rather than wait for new comments.:up:

I did an open evening/launch. I invited the local ex mayor, local papers (give them plenty of notice they should do a photo and editorial for free unless they have a massive influx of stories to report on). He cut a ribbon on the door, we offered nibbles and wine, gave them lots of info, had the botox clinic people there and got a few bookings out of it. We invited the local shopkeepers and our friends and family and their friends and family. Best of luck xx

Latest posts

Back