What's your best advice for hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldylocks77

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been hairdressing 20yrs and after having my 3 children I feel I lost my edge (and confidence) so I've started to get myself on some courses.
I wanted to try something different (to me) and did an Oakley course just before Christmas and it was great, I've also been searching on here for tips and pointers.
So my question is what's your best piece of advice/ wish you'd have known when you started out?
I'm happy to hear anything even if it's tiny, it all helps.

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

That some people will embrace and love hair extensions and some will absolutely hate them and not have a clue :)

That doing a hair extension course is like passing your driving test. It gives you the necessary legalities to go out and actually learn what you need to do. I was in a similar position and I've realised that I was only rusty when I thought I had lost all my skills! Just practice and practice and experiment on your block. You'll be grand! Good luck, how exciting!!! Xx

Be super clean with your sectioning, practice makes perfect :)

Thanks for the replies, every bit of information helps, it seems to take a few times of reading posts for it all to sink in. I'm practising on my block and feel I'm improving all the time.
Anymore help would be appreciated :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Really know your hair, do your research on all the different qualities, weights, origins etc.

Don't get too confident, with extensions you are always learning. Be critical of your work also, alway look for ways to improve. I'm 7 years down the line and still learning! That's what I love about it :)

Be neat, take your time, be a perfectionist.

Looking back, my main problem was lack of hair knowledge, using hair that wasn't so great but not understanding the differences.

Read the reviews before purchasing your hair.

I read bad reviews before and still bought hair from companies. To then find out all the hassle and poor customer service (halo) that i had been warned about.

Hello! I actually sell Russian Virgin and pre coloured hair extensions - loose or can tip
For a small fee. Please message me for more details x

Latest posts

Back