Where to shop?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty.fly

Reaction score
Hi geeks. In just starting as a mobile beautician so I have a lot to buy before I can get started. The best places I seem to have found are salons direct.com or chris and sons. Can anyone recommend otherwise. I live in London.

Hi - didn't want to read & run, but you haven't really given us any info on what treatments your qualified in to suggest any places to buy from ...

... remember all the major warehouses / brands will want to see your qualifications to register with them.

Let us know so we can help you

Sani xxxx

Hi sorry. I have completed fast track intensive courses accredited by BABTAC in threading, waxing and basic mani/pedi. The courses covered the theory and practical aspect but I didn't receive any advice as to where to go for what or need or what would be best. There are so many options I don't really know where to start.

When I first started I done all my shopping online at salons direct, there's lots of places though depending on what brand you would like to go with.
Hth x

Salons direct seems to be the best option. Im struggling with mani/pedi preparation. I did my training with the British beauty academy and didn't receive nearly as much help as I needed. I don't know what I need/don't need. What grit is or what grit to use for my mani/pedi's. I guess I'll just have to research as much as I can?

Hi there!

First off congratulations on your new qualifications and starting your business I was in your position in March and am loving every minute :) albeit only nails for me, there are so many suppliers it can make your head spin, my starting points are always Sallys / Salon Services and Salonsdirect, I usr Nail Harmony because I trained in and use Gelish and Sweetsquared as I love SolarOil, Microplane, CND additives and all things Irrisistable (foils/glitters)

I would start with Salons Direct and work from there depending on what lines you would like to use :) I also now use Young Nails for their gorgeous Lomasi range and would highly recommend it

Good luck with everything and any questions the Geeks will help :)

Caroline x

Ellisons. Sallys. Sallys do vat free day once a month which is good for saving money plus you can have a proper look at the products and decide which you like best.

Salons direct seems to be the best option. Im struggling with mani/pedi preparation. I did my training with the British beauty academy and didn't receive nearly as much help as I needed. I don't know what I need/don't need. What grit is or what grit to use for my mani/pedi's. I guess I'll just have to research as much as I can?

I would recommend a 240 grit file for mani/pedis xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! I've put in an order for all my waxing products. Decided to go for hive. They seem to offer the best.

Xxx

Beauty express have a VAT free day until midnight.

Think of grit as how many pieces of grit are stuck onto the file. So a 240 grit there going to be a lot closer together to make a smoother finish. A 180 grit there's not as many pieces so they're further apart. This gives a lot rougher finish.

LolliDolli💋

Think of grit as how many pieces of grit are stuck onto the file. So a 240 grit there going to be a lot closer together to make a smoother finish. A 180 grit there's not as many pieces so they're further apart. This gives a lot rougher finish.

LolliDolli💋

Thanks. That makes a lot more sense now! Xx

Latest posts

Back