Where to start??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DelDel

Reaction score
Hello to everyone
i have been lurking for a week or so and have found loads of useful info, so firstly thanks for that:)

Right, i am starting training in nails next week and my aim is to be self employed working mainly from home but the occasional mobile client.
I want to get all the business side set up before my training starts so i can consentrate soly on my training
I know i need insurance, tell inland revenue and a bank account. I worked as a trainee accountant for 4 years in a previous life so book keeping etc is not a problem for me. but i have a couple of proberly silly questions,
  1. I have decided on a trading name (Totally Nailed) and have looked in yellow pages etc and noone else is using it, can i just use it or do i have to register it?
  2. how do i set up a bank account? do i just go to a bank and say i am starting a business and want a bank account or do i need some sort of business proof first
  3. What order to i need to do everything in? do i start trading and ther start a business bank account and tell inland revenue or can i set it all up first
sorry for all the q's but i cant find answers anywhere, proberly no one else as thick as me lol
thanks

Hi welcome to the site,how longs your course for and who with??:)
Personally I would forget about setting up the buisness for now,get your training done ,get your insurance ,and pratice practice pratice,it doesnt come just over night to you.You may even find you need more courses after and you may also find nails are not for you.

Last edited:
I agree with Missy G. setting up a business bank account and telling the revenue will take about a morning.
Training as a nail tech may take you longer than you think.
I'm a hairdresser not a nail geek, but clients and trainees watch me cut and comment on how easy it looks. I promise you it's years of practice that make it look easy.
Concentrate on learning your trade to the highest standard, as the "business" side of being a mobile nail tech is miniscule compared to the skill and knowledge side.

Latest posts

Back