Which card machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
I would really appreciate some advice please. I work full time from my home salon and I'm thinking of getting a card machine so that I'm not having to handle cash all the time.
I'm not the most technical person so - are they easy to use ? Do I rent or buy one, do they take a percentage and can someone just recommend a good company please.
Thank you

I zettle is really good and easy to use. I bought their little chip and pin machine and use it with an app on my phone. There is a thread somewhere on here all about it

You can use the little mobile devices that connect to your smart phone such as iZettle, WorldPay etc.

However if you want a proper machine should be about £20/25 Per Month and about 20p per transaction. Takes 3 days to get into your account but can take over a month to get all setup and sorted.

On the flip side the mobile smartphone solutions are instant setup but can take quite a while to get to your account from what I am told. There % normally is 2.75% per transaction. Also they offer no protection if worst case scenario and you get a chargeback.

Swings and roundabouts to what suits you :)

Gosh - so many to choose from - I think of be happier with a hand held device.
I have a business account through my bank and think they offer these devicex so will look to contact them - any one do this through their bank at all?

I would avoid the bank personally. 2 banks I spoke to wanted £250.00 + VAT setup!

Try cardsave. We are with them and are very happy. You will need a terminal and merchant account. You can also haggle with them on the price to so don't pay what you are not happy with. P.S a merchant account is different from a business bank account.

Latest posts

Back