Which insurance do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeena1

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

I am qualified to do facials and I am looking for the right insurance , if you can please help me with your suggestions for the following case:
As a newly qualified I am starting off as a mobile therapist and at the same time me and my partner are looking to rent a shop for beauty salon where we will offer different beauty treatments and will have beauty therapists to work in the salon...we don't know how long it will take for us to get a shop. Can you please advise me on what type of insurance I will need?

Thanks

I am with ABT, I am a mobile therapist. I currently offer nail services, massage, threading, tanning & eyelash extensions. I will soon be adding tinting, waxing, make up & facials.

You can get insurance for the shop which can cover the therapist in there etc, depends if you want them to be employed or self employed as they might already have their own insurance.

Not much help but I thought I'd share my view xx

I am with ABT, I am a mobile therapist. I currently offer nail services, massage, threading, tanning & eyelash extensions. I will soon be adding tinting, waxing, make up & facials.

You can get insurance for the shop which can cover the therapist in there etc, depends if you want them to be employed or self employed as they might already have their own insurance.

Not much help but I thought I'd share my view xx

Thank you

For the moment you just need insurance for your treatments (which includes professional indemnity, public liability and product cover) as a mobile. Once you are up and running you need insurance for your treatments (including liability which is always part of it), equipment cover (probably best as contents), business interruption cover added on if you have a personal mortgage, and most importantly employers liability. You can usually get this all in one quote if you go to any business insurance broker.

Hi
We offer individual cover that lets you work from home, work mobile and rent a treatment room in someone else's salon. It covers you for £3million public liability, £3 million products liability and £3 million treatment liability. We also offer full salon policies where you can cover the liabilities for you and your staff, contents, money, glass, business interruption, etc all at very competitive prices.
You can either get a quote and take out instant cover online at www.professionalbeautydirect.co.uk or give us a call at the office 0345 605 8670 and we'd be delighted to assist you.
We wish you the very best of luck with your new venture.

The Professional Beauty Direct Team

For the moment you just need insurance for your treatments (which includes professional indemnity, public liability and product cover) as a mobile. Once you are up and running you need insurance for your treatments (including liability which is always part of it), equipment cover (probably best as contents), business interruption cover added on if you have a personal mortgage, and most importantly employers liability. You can usually get this all in one quote if you go to any business insurance broker.

Thanks

Hey @Arij alachbili :) Public liability insurance covers you if you cause damage to third party property (for example at a client's house) or if you cause injury to members of the public (i.e. a client).

You can also cover things like your equipment and stock etc :) We cover thousands of mobile beauticians & hairdressers, so let me know if you have any questions etc and I'll be happy to help!

Good luck with it all!

Hi everyone ,

I am qualified to do facials and I am looking for the right insurance , if you can please help me with your suggestions for the following case:
As a newly qualified I am starting off as a mobile therapist and at the same time me and my partner are looking to rent a shop for beauty salon where we will offer different beauty treatments and will have beauty therapists to work in the salon...we don't know how long it will take for us to get a shop. Can you please advise me on what type of insurance I will need?

Thanks
I am thinking of changing from Babtac to Professional Beauty Direct because they accredit more courses. Is anybody else with them?

I am thinking of changing from Babtac to Professional Beauty Direct because they accredit more courses. Is anybody else with them?
Hi Charlotte I've always been with them and would recommend x

Latest posts

Back