Wholesaler selling colour to nail technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simba1972

Reaction score
So last Friday I was asked if I could do a colour correction. This client I usually see once every 9 weeks she has 100% grey round the sides and I always get success in balancing her colour she's always very happy. One thing or another though a week ago she rang to make her 9 weekly appointment and I couldn't get her in until the following week.

Unbeknown to me that day she went to see her nail technician who then agreed with my client that she would purchase my client 99/00.

My issue is this nail technician is not trained in hair also did not inform my client that she had to do a skin test prior to applying the colour. When the client rang me to correct the colour I was secretly mortified that the small but could of been paramount the risk in not doing a skin test.

Why are the uk wholesalers not clamping down on selling hair products to unqualified hairdressers . I corrected the hair easily however made it clear to the client that her nail technician is not a hairdresser therefore should not be supplying hair colour to my client.

I agree and some wholesalers are very careful about ensuring you are qualified before selling you specific products but other companies pay zero attention and only care that you're registered with them.

The nail tech was monumentally stupid in this instance! :rolleyes:

Had the client suffered a reaction to the tint product (which we know can happen out of the blue), they could have sued the Nail Tech for negligence. The Nail Tech wouldn't be covered by her insurer if she's not a qualified hairdresser so would have to pay her own legal costs plus any damages.

The wholesaler would probably escape liability as they didn't have any dealings with the client.

Latest posts

Back