Work experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne1118

Reaction score
I am a salon owner and have someone coming into the salon for work experience as part of her college. My question is, what do you get these therapists to do? Reception is quite so I dont want her just sitting there, I dont want to get her to just clean for the day (the salon is spotless) so what to do?

I am a salon owner and have someone coming into the salon for work experience as part of her college. My question is, what do you get these therapists to do? Reception is quite so I dont want her just sitting there, I dont want to get her to just clean for the day (the salon is spotless) so what to do?

Get her to help prepare the treatment rooms, offer clients tea/coffee, maybe tell her that she can practise on one of the beauty therapists toes painting nails or something? (In hairdressing we have 'blocks' just dolls heads. So, do you have an equivalent of this that she could be shown easy things on?)

Flyer handing? Ask her to hand out flyers outside, or promote the salon outside.

Run her through stock replenishment.

The list is endless.

Good luck, and remember, she will be nervous! I remember my work experience, it was hell, but, I have never been so scared in my life!!

xx

Get her to help prepare the treatment rooms, offer clients tea/coffee, maybe tell her that she can practise on one of the beauty therapists toes painting nails or something? (In hairdressing we have 'blocks' just dolls heads. So, do you have an equivalent of this that she could be shown easy things on?)

Flyer handing? Ask her to hand out flyers outside, or promote the salon outside.

Run her through stock replenishment.

The list is endless.

Good luck, and remember, she will be nervous! I remember my work experience, it was hell, but, I have never been so scared in my life!!

xx

Thanks, my mind went a bit blank there :biggrin: Aw why was it hell for you? That's terrible, glad it didnt turn you off beauty :) x

I loved my work experience. My salon owner got me to give hand massages while she was doing facials and waxing. Really helped with my confidence around clients. Hth :)

Hi I am at college and a salon owner kindly let me help out at salon for the experience. She did special offers on the things I am able to do and I worked on clients I found it a really good experience as its so much different to working on the college girls or friends. I was so nervous and hopefully I am going back again In a week or so.

Latest posts

Back