Wrong colour! Should I say something?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redren

Reaction score
First off, let me start by saying I am absolutely RUBBISH at complaining because I hate offending people.
I've been with my hairdresser for some time now and always gone with the same colour I always love the results and she is great at what she does. The time but last I went for a much lighter shade and it was exactly what I wanted. When I went this time, she said she had two colour cards for me and wasn't sure which one we used last. I explained we had gone for the lighter colour last time and thought that was that. When she put the colour on I thought to myself the colour didn't seem right but had faith in her. Again when it was finished, I kept thinking I'm sure this colour is darker. But again, the lighting in the salon is pretty dull, so just put it down to that. Once I got home and looked in the mirror, I realised she had in fact put the old colour on. Don't get me wrong, it is still lovely, just not what I asked for and when you're paying over £60 for a colour.....?
So my question to you lovely professional people! Should I contact her? Or should I just let it go and wait 6 week until my next appointment? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's probably not a lot she can do to make it lighter without damaging now. Your hair will fade in 6 weeks and hopefully she can correct it on you next visit. Definitely call the salon to let them know the colour was incorrect and they may give your next colour complimentary. Mind you £60 is pretty cheap in my opinion

Sent from my SM-N910G using SalonGeek mobile app

I would call and let her know it was the wrong card she used. And ask if she could please put a mark on the lighter one which you currently love. Just politely let her know what happened, which I know you will.

You want her to know so you have that light you love at your next appointment.

(I politely disagree with saying something is a bargain. Nothing is a bargain if it doesn't turn out. We all work hard for our money. And yes, mistakes do happen. However, a client should never feel as if they threw money out the window.)

Definitely call and tell her she's used the wrong tint.

Frankly, I'd be seriously embarrassed if I didn't keep accurate records for every client.

In fact, rather than just guess, why didn't she show you some colour swatches so you could indicate what you wanted?

She sounds a bit too complacent to me.

Thanks for the advice everybody. I will let her know, she really is a fantastic hairdresser and I can't fault her other than this one slip. I must say though the comment on the price is slightly unfounded as average prices differ so much from town to town, let alone internationally. In my particular area of the UK £65 is at the higher end of the price range. I have in the past paid much more and also much less, it just so happens I like the way this particular hairdresser styles my hair. Its not a question of how much I paid. But as Satchel said "a client should never feel as if they threw money out the window". ;)

I always thought colour cards were dated (my clients cards were) so the most recent date would tell me what was last used.
Anywho I would still let them know you prefer the lighter one and it wasn't what was used last time. You don't seem too upset but if you prefer one over the other then it's best to say in case you get the one you don't want again x

Latest posts

Back