Yet another question!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna-louise

Reaction score
What is the best way to thin down thick glooky polish? would it be with a thinning product or could you use non-acetone polish remover?. I am in the preston area and wonder what to charge for manicures and pedicues. Any help much appreciated.

donna-louise
xxxxx

hi, if its a good quality enamel it should need a jolly good shaking and thats all ! if its not then bin it and invest in good quality ones :creative and opi are fab and contain activators which almost eliminate this problem, also keep your enamels out of direct sunlight, i always advise clients to store them in the fridge (impossible when you have loads i know).
as for charging for your man /ped you could check out local competition to see what they charge but i would personally look at the kind of service you offer and the quality products and charge what your worth ! good luck.

donna-louise said:
What is the best way to thin down thick glooky polish? would it be with a thinning product or could you use non-acetone polish remover?. I am in the preston area and wonder what to charge for manicures and pedicues. Any help much appreciated.

donna-louise
xxxxx
As advised by Dennis, it is best to have good quality ones that dont get gloopy but if you cant afford to do that then use a thinner. You should not use nail polish remover as there are thinners specifically made for this purpose. However, once you have thinned an enamel you will need to keep thinning it more often.

As far as charges are concerned, you need to do some research in your area. Get the price lists from salons and see what they charge and base your charges around that. Hope this helps.

I use OPI and sstar nails attitude polishes, it is the star ones that are thick and gloopy so would it be better to stick with OPI or keep thinning down wither thinners

donna-louise
xxx

I use OPI, and Essie polishes, and when they get thick, I do use a thinner, and nothing else.

Latest posts

Back