Eyelash extensions any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
Hellooo everyone just wondered if you would all mind sharing a few tips that work for you when doing eyelash extensions for example how to speed up time, how to deal with awkward lashes that go every direction but straight, avoiding stickies, isolating lashes better ect.
:hug: xx

Your time will pick up gradually. Don't worry too much about it, concentrate on getting them on correctly and the more sets you do the quicker you will become.
It really is all about practice, practice, practice.
For lashes that aren't straight, you can kind of candy cane round them. So curl the extension around the natural lash and hold it in place until the glue has dried.
If you have lashes that are curling all underneath the lash you want to extend then you can use a 'flag'.
You get a microbrush, attach some transpore tape around the end of it so that it looks like a flag. You can then place this under the lash you want to extend and it will keep all the other lashes out of the way. Bit difficult to describe but I will add a pic after.
Stickies are either caused by using too much glue or working faster than the glue sets. So you either need to get a quicker setting glue or put less glue on the extension. Again, with practice, you will get quicker and better.
Will go and find the pic now and add it.

http://www.salongeek.com/members/an...cture25722-flag-those-troublesome-lashes.html

Oh wow thanks angelina i was expecting just one tip but you gave loads!
the flag ones seems a bit confusing, also some people tape up lashes to get underneath does this make quicker application?
i tried this once and couldnt get the tape of ( oops)
i manage to get quite a few lashes on but it does take me 2 hours ive been doing them just over a year now:eek:

I don't tape the lashes up but I know some techs do. If you are going to do this then you need to de-tack the tape first so that it's not too sticky.
There are 2 ways of doing the tape method.
You only ant to catch just the tips of the lashes when doing it.
You can either tape some lashes up first then lash the ones you can see, then take the tape off and either let some more down and lash again or let them all down and lash.
The 2nd way is to lash as many lashes first and then tape up the ones you have lashed and then then you will see all the other lashes that need lashing.
I have tried this way a couple of times but I prefer to just lash and then keep going through the lash to find any more that need lashing.
I constantly brush through my lashes with a mascara spoolie whilst applying, this will get rid of any lashes that aren't attached properly.
Brush through them from the top of the lashes and then brush through them from underneath and then you will see any lashes that need doing.
How long is it taking you now and how many lashes so you apply?

for example theres a picture on my profile that i had great difficulty with would you do the wrap around technique with these lashes?

http://www.salongeek.com/members/chazzybabe-albums-more+lashes-picture38723-img-0648.html

I would apply primer and give them a good brush through. Sometimes you can't attach the whole of the donor lash to the whole of the natural lash so just attach as much as you can.
I've looked through your album and your lashes look good.

2 hours for a full set
i now use a bit of micropore tape on the back of my hand and place lashes on here before i start although it takes time i find it helps me more i dont like using the strips that much, well i put over 60 lashes on each eye from the micropore tape then carry on taking lashes from the pot maybe 80+ really not sure tbh:rolleyes:

I always used to set my lashes out first too! I use the strips now though as it was just taking me too much time to set them out. I used to set them out on jade stones though and I'd have 8 different stones for different curls and lashes.
I couldn't get on with the strips to start with as I'd end up pulling 2 or 3 off at a time! Again with a but of practice I got better.
80 lashes per eye is a good amount in 2 hours!

http://www.salongeek.com/members/angelina221-albums-lash+bits++bobs!-picture32329-lash-stones.html

Exactly the same with the strip lashes that's why I set them out on tape as there not really close together, oh really I thought it was too long I've seen other pics on here of people's work and there lashes are so full!
Do you not what a feathering effect is?

Also I've read that some people apply the lash underneath does this give a different effect? I could ramble all day about lashes as I love doing them :) x

You can apply a lash on top, underneath or on the side of a lash. I apply underneath and to the side just on the awkward lashes.
When doing lashes put your 'skeleton' on. This will be the main shape and lenght of the lashes that you want then just fill fill fill with shorter lashes. If lashes are all the same length then they don't look as full and have that spider leg effect.
If you fill with shorter lashes then they look fuller. Also you can mix your curls up as it looks more natural.
I'd only mix with the next curl along though so you can mix a j and b, a b and c or a c and d. I wouldn't lash a j and c or a j and d as it would look messy.

Ok thanks :) I don't like the spider look so Skelton with longest length and then fill with shorter length what about the thickness of the lashes i sometimes use 0.15 and 0.20 in a set!
One more question with feathering, is this placing say 2 lashes on one lashe? Thanks so much angelina for all your help really appreciate it :D x

Anyone else have any other tips?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and industry and have been trying to find tips online because the training that I had was horrible. I did a 3 day course with extreme eyelash Canada and can honestly say that I did not learn Anything except how to apply an eyelash. They did not show how to feather or how to make eyes look bigger. There was two types of glue that was offered in the kit, one was the normal and one was the faster drying one. Which one would use recommend? Where do most of you buy your materials? How long does the glue usually last? My biggest problem is not being able to keep some of lashes on straight. Is this because the glue takes too long to set? Or is there a technique to help with this?

I've been practicing for about 6 months now but do have a full time job as an accountant. I think the most I've been able to put on someone in 2 hrs is about 35 lpe....:sad:

Any tips is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Great thread.

Are there any other tips anyone has? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi .I been working as eyelash extension technician for more then a year,so I have some few tips as well,like when I put lash on natural one I also put another one smaller size,so then lashes look fuller.:) Also I use eye patches to protect under lashes, and on the top of patches I also put micropore tape. But some of my client ,has red eyes then , do u any one has the same problem? and also any one know how to make the lashes keep on eyes longer? Its depends longest or glue or all together? Any tips?? thanks

Hi .I been working as eyelash extension technician for more then a year,so I have some few tips as well,like when I put lash on natural one I also put another one smaller size,so then lashes look fuller.:) Also I use eye patches to protect under lashes, and on the top of patches I also put micropore tape. But some of my client ,has red eyes then , do u any one has the same problem? and also any one know how to make the lashes keep on eyes longer? Its depends longest or glue or all together? Any tips?? thanks

Eyes can be probe to redness/irritation when the gel pad is sitting too close to the eye. Try to make sure there's enough space between the eye and the pad or tape. x

I recently bought a pair of magnifying glasses from Lashbase that have improved my application time and isolation. Well worth the money I think.

Girls what do l do when I've run out of natural lashes to apply to how do l make the thicker?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394928648.926792.jpg
I don't tape the lashes up but I know some techs do. If you are going to do this then you need to de-tack the tape first so that it's not too sticky.
There are 2 ways of doing the tape method.
You only ant to catch just the tips of the lashes when doing it.
You can either tape some lashes up first then lash the ones you can see, then take the tape off and either let some more down and lash again or let them all down and lash.
The 2nd way is to lash as many lashes first and then tape up the ones you have lashed and then then you will see all the other lashes that need lashing.
I have tried this way a couple of times but I prefer to just lash and then keep going through the lash to find any more that need lashing.
I constantly brush through my lashes with a mascara spoolie whilst applying, this will get rid of any lashes that aren't attached properly.
Brush through them from the top of the lashes and then brush through them from underneath and then you will see any lashes that need doing.
How long is it taking you now and how many lashes so you apply?

What do u think about these?

These are good considering you haven't been lashing long.
You need to try and get the extensions closer to the base of the natural lash. They are also too long for her natural lashes. They will appear longer too because they are not applied close enough to the base of the natural lash. There is a bit too much glue in places as well.
There are much better than the first sets I did though so keep at it and you will be a great lash tech :)

Latest posts

Back