Sticky feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizaberryman

Reaction score
Anyone have any alternatives for sticky feet? What do you use? X

Sometimes when we have run out of sticky feet we use couch roll, tucked under a towel. The floor is always clean anyway so it doesn't cause a problem. Not the best solution though

Couch roll never seems to stick to their feet properly, I have towels on the floor, if They jus have barrier cream on their feet is that enough to keep the over spray off their feet? Just don't want them having orange feet when they leave x

I sometimes use a sheet of kitchen roll for each foot with a tiny slick of vaseline so it sticks. Only really for newer clients that tend to pad about in the tent though, regulars turn into their positions so easily that i don't need to bother. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

If you use sticky feet reflect the price in what you charge, sticky feet are quite expensive really.

I use a towel but somehow last week 2 customers managed to step off the big black towel & get tan on there soles (not a good look!) so I think I'm going to order some sticky feet off eBay, I'm due to have a small price increase anyway so it's not like they will be costing me x

I wonder if cut card with some double sided tape would work... Would be cheaper! Then we could use different colours to match our tanning rooms lol x

I was looking for an alternative as well because for some reason everyone struggles getting their stick feet off! X

I'm going to make my own today, going to buy some pink card, cut it to large feet shape and stick one Line of double sided tape on them, that way it won't be over sticky like stil feet but will still protect. X

I got sticky feet with my kit and they have only 2 strips on them whereas others are sticky all over and very difficult to come off. At times I felt like my skin was going to come off with them. When these run out I'm going to cover the floor of the tent with black towels and also use couch roll. Towels can then be washed and couch roll disposed of:)

A lot of people don't like a sticky sensation on their feet, that's why i sometimes use the little bit of vaseline on kitchen roll. They just scuff it off on the towel as they step out of the tent. Tan free soles guaranteed and much easier and cheaper than Sticky Feet!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My home made sticky feet! Cheap as chips! And they work better! I just stick two strips of double sided tape on them x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332688970.810111.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332688970.810111.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 248
I don't really think they're necessary. I don't use anything to protect the clients feet.

If I were to use anything, I'd use kitchen roll or couch roll.

I just don't wanna risk giving someone orange feet, it's happened to me before by standing on a towel.. Not a good look! X

I've also had it happen to me before - but it was when my friend was doing a few practice runs straight after her training and hadn't got her technique down properly yet/was using waaaaay too much solution! Definitely not a good look, I agree, but when you're spraying properly there will be very little chance of it happening. All my client's unprotected feet have been fine so far!

I just use a black towel in the bottom of the tent.

If your gun is set correctly there will not be enough overspray on the towel to turn the feet orange. I've NEVER had anyone get orange soles. Not even a hint of tan on the soles of the feet.

How many tans do you do a day? Do u just use a towel? Do you wash or change it every day? X just so I know for future x

You could get cheap hand towels and cover the bottom if ur still training. Plus kitchen/couch roll where the client will be standing. Once your finished spraying, throw out couch roll and tear off another for next client. If you think there's tan on towels remember to tell her to stand on the couch roll but give their feet a wipe over at the end just to make sure hth:) x

I'm mobile so the amount of tans a day varies but I either use a small clean towel for each client or I use a bath towel folded in half and then turn and fold the towel so that I can get 4 uses out of it (always a clean surface for each client) for a tanning partys.

Not yet tried this idea but good quality kitchen foil should do the job!

Not yet tried this idea but good quality kitchen foil should do the job!
You would risk slipping on the plastic base of the tent with foil on your feet. Many clients feel unsafe in just sticky feet on the plastic base when asked to move into different positions and this was one of the reasons I changed to a towel (along with the fact most clients disliked the feeling of removing the sticky feet).

Latest posts

Back