Eyelash Extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowtanning

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've done a few sets of lashes now and gradually getting better and quicker (well I feel happier with the results!) but whilst the lashes seem to look lovely when the eyes are closed, I'm not happy with the way they look when the eyes are open. I have attached some photos, any advice or tips would be appreciated......

Attachments

• DSCF2004[1].jpg
    DSCF2004[1].jpg
    136 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF2002[1].jpg
    DSCF2002[1].jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 200
You might prefer them if you choose a stronger curl. What curl are these lashes?

I'm the same as you, usually like the lashes from all angles except the front! But I think it's because I should be using a C-curl on my younger clients (I only have B at the moment).

These are a J curl, I've tried C curls on another client but I get the same kind of look, I was wondering if it's because they're finer lashes?? The ones in the photos are .15mm and my C curl lashes are .10mm, I'm just confused!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one that has these problems though :)

Its down to the thickness of the lash.
I predominantly if not always use .20mm as anything thinner just looks too wispy and you need to spend ages applying loads of lashes to get a full look (and thats if your client has enough in the first place).
Use c0curl and 0.20mm and im sure you will see a difference.
Always dont apply long lashes near the nose as this gives an unnatural look.
x

In my training we were taught to go through and put shorter lashes inbetween all you long lashes this will give you less of a spidery look when the eye is opened but you'll still get the length. Does that make sense I don't really know how to explain what I mean!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Its down to the thickness of the lash.
I predominantly if not always use .20mm as anything thinner just looks too wispy and you need to spend ages applying loads of lashes to get a full look (and thats if your client has enough in the first place).
Use c0curl and 0.20mm and im sure you will see a difference.
Always dont apply long lashes near the nose as this gives an unnatural look.
x

Exactly what I thought! I mostly use .2 j and c curls and they look lush :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I wondered if that was the case, I only have B or J curls in .20mm so I'll give them a go next time and thanks for the tip about the nose, I'll try that too. I'm seeing my other lady next week so I'll try with her. I really want to get this sorted as soon as I can as I want to feel confident offering them as a full price treatment, any other tips would be appreciated xx

In my training we were taught to go through and put shorter lashes inbetween all you long lashes this will give you less of a spidery look when the eye is opened but you'll still get the length. Does that make sense I don't really know how to explain what I mean!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

I used 11 and 12mm lengths, when you say shorter what length do you mean?

11 and 12 are way too long on their own.
You need to couple with 9 and 10 as well. Better still use 9, 11, and 13 for more length and glamour or 9, 10 and 11 for a more natural look.
By applying shorter lashes you give volume and fullness.
x

I like 9mm and 11mm for the girls I've done so far.

You need to couple with 9 and 10 as well. Better still use 9, 11, and 13 for more length and glamour or 9, 10 and 11 for a more natural look.
x
Okay, so how do you have a structure for applying the different lengths? Sorry to ask so many questions but I only did a one day course which really wasn't enough!!

Question for you all... how many practise lash sets did you do before you felt like you was doing an ok job, ok as in started charging clients? thanks girls xx

P.s rainbow - your lashes are looking good especially to say your new to it xx

x

I am new to applying EE's but I agree with Miss Pink. I have done a few sets now and really have learnt by my mistakes. I find on fine lashes .20's can be a little heavy, so now I do .15's and fill out on the smaller lashes and this gives a full effect but without the weight. Obviously, thicker lashes can take the heavier extensions. My training was with Eyelash Emporium and the rule of thumb on length is that the extension should be no longer than 1/3 of the donor lash.

A question I have is that I was advised for the best results to tint the lashes before the application of extensions. I had a friend in for a practice session the other day and she has very fair, short lashes. I tinted her lashes and applied b curl's and she was very pleased with the result. However, a couple of days later I text to ask how her lashes were and she said most of them had fallen out!! Obviously, this made me feel awful as although my time needs improving (over 2 hours at mo for set), I did feel that my application was ok. I was wondering if the application of the tint and then the extension was too much for the lashes and that the two chemicals (peroxide in tint) and then the glue were reacting and the lash wasn't adhering. Has anyone else had this problem..do you tint on same day as extension or leave it a day or two?

Question for you all... how many practise lash sets did you do before you felt like you was doing an ok job, ok as in started charging clients? thanks girls xx

I did about 7 sets and an infill :) still not 100% but my clients are really happy :)

I am new to applying EE's but I agree with Miss Pink. I have done a few sets now and really have learnt by my mistakes. I find on fine lashes .20's can be a little heavy, so now I do .15's and fill out on the smaller lashes and this gives a full effect but without the weight. Obviously, thicker lashes can take the heavier extensions. My training was with Eyelash Emporium and the rule of thumb on length is that the extension should be no longer than 1/3 of the donor lash.

A question I have is that I was advised for the best results to tint the lashes before the application of extensions. I had a friend in for a practice session the other day and she has very fair, short lashes. I tinted her lashes and applied b curl's and she was very pleased with the result. However, a couple of days later I text to ask how her lashes were and she said most of them had fallen out!! Obviously, this made me feel awful as although my time needs improving (over 2 hours at mo for set), I did feel that my application was ok. I was wondering if the application of the tint and then the extension was too much for the lashes and that the two chemicals (peroxide in tint) and then the glue were reacting and the lash wasn't adhering. Has anyone else had this problem..do you tint on same day as extension or leave it a day or two?

We were taught you shouldn't tint 24 h before treatment to really make sure no tint left on lashes :)

I have been lashing for over a year, and for a natural look I use c curl .2, with a few 9mm in at the nose then 12mm for the rest! I hardly e. Use 3 lengths. For a more glam look, I use 11mm at the nose and 13mm on the rest. I fill every possible lash with a lash. Xx

We were taught you shouldn't tint 24 h before treatment to really make sure no tint left on lashes :)

This is interesting. Does the lash primer not take away any remaining tint? I tinted yesterday before applying as I have done it before without tinting and it has been harder work, yesterdays application went really smoothly.

This is interesting. Does the lash primer not take away any remaining tint? I tinted yesterday before applying as I have done it before without tinting and it has been harder work, yesterdays application went really smoothly.

Ideally it is best to tint 24 hours prior to application, however, if you tint and lash at the same appointment you need to make sure that you have been "overly" thorough in your removal of the tint and use of your primer.

In answer to a previous post, use of anything longer than a 9 on the inner corner will irritate the client and will not look natural or glamorous.

For a glamour look, start at the inner using 9s, and you can go up in increments of 1s or 2s to your desired length.

Ideally it is best to use more than 2 lengths when applying a full set, working in shorter lashes amongst the longer lashes to achieve thickness.

I always work with 2 thicknesses, .15 and .20 and this again will give a gorgeous effect.

To the OP, using a C curl will give you more of the desired effect from the front that you are wanting to achieve, you may feel you are not achieving the effect you want due to not enough lashes applied, this will come in time, but a C curl will definately help, dont throw you .15s away in favour of .20s, use both within the same set :)

Latest posts

Back