Make up! Need your opinion please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dileila

Reaction score
i just did this make up for my friends photo shoot! i just learning and trying different colours!! please tell me ur opinion!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6015.jpg
    IMG_6015.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 595
Just my opinion; maybe the shadow needs more blending, lip liner is too dark for lip colour and brows look a bit gappy!
No offence!

was it 80's themed?

thank you!! as more bad comments i will get as more i will learn from it :) im not a make up artist but would like to become one someday :) i didnt try any years rage just tried the colours :)

please can you write more opinions!!!

The colours used are unflattering and clash, the eyebrows look a bit awkward (could just be because of her natural brows though?), there is some shine that could be reduced with powder, her cheeks would benefit from more contour work. And what treasure99 said.

It's hard to critique without knowing what kind of look you were aiming for though, it feels a little out of context to judge it without knowing what outcome you had in mind.

Pink in that shade is definitely 80s - the colours don't suit the client and the amount of blusher is in my view WAY too much... Not keen on the eyebrows either.

I would say that practice is great but you can teach yourself a million bad habits which would take a lot of unlearning - start with even a basic make up course and set good habits early :)

Blimey!
Those brows are really at odds with the rest of the look.
Interesting look...

she one of them women which don't allow to touch her brows :)) we wanted to create a summer look bright :) she likes them colours :)

The liner is too dark for the lipstick. If you intended for it to be obvious then you need to work on getting the line neater.

If you are using bright eyeshadows you relly need to make sure that they are blended thoroughly but you don't seem to have done much belndign at all from what I can see. Also, having a bright pink right next to the eye rarely works, when using such a strong shade you need to use somethig like a black or dark brown too and have that closest to the eye.

she one of them women which don't allow to touch her brows :)) we wanted to create a summer look bright :) she likes them colours :)

Well, I one of those women which don't allow my makeup models to dictate what I can and can't do!
(sic)
It's your reputation at stake...

I agree with Lynne - my sister IS a make up artist and hairdresser and her take on any job she does is that if she isn't willing to put her name to the look leaving then she will refuse to do it. It's her rep on the line and she's worked damned hard for it. She would rather loose one customer than loose lots by allowing a look she wouldn't release for something as permanent as a photoshoot.

The picture I've attached is from a photoshoot... notice the lack of obvious eyeshadow and very subtle blusher :)

Attachments

• 25626_436747854571_369221614571_5503237_4817243_n.jpg
    25626_436747854571_369221614571_5503237_4817243_n.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 370
I agree with Lynne - my sister IS a make up artist and hairdresser and her take on any job she does is that if she isn't willing to put her name to the look leaving then she will refuse to do it. It's her rep on the line and she's worked damned hard for it. She would rather loose one customer than loose lots by allowing a look she wouldn't release for something as permanent as a photoshoot.

The picture I've attached is from a photoshoot... notice the lack of obvious eyeshadow and very subtle blusher :)

Lovely pic x

Thanks - I think there are even better ones of her but that one was a good example of the blusher use :)
That BTW is my stepsister... and she did her own make up and hair :)

thank you girls very much :) you really helped me out :) i see now what i did wrong :) thank you

If, as I presume, her hair is bleached then it might be a good idea to lighten her eyebrows slightly too. The contrast is un - natural.
Neon colours only really suit teenagers and pink eyeliner gives the appearance of myxomitosis!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Thanks - I think there are even better ones of her but that one was a good example of the blusher use :)
That BTW is my stepsister... and she did her own make up and hair :)

She is beautiful :)

Omg girl crush!

I think adding falsies and blending the eyeshadow more would have helped the look, probably with a nude lip if you're going brights on the eyes.

I assume this is a photo you took yourself? How was the shoot lit? Natural light or studio lighting?

Latest posts

Back