Eyelash extensions advice!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubybloos

Reaction score
Hi everyone! just wanting some advice just been on eyelash extension course and I was taught a full set is 30 lashes per eye? that doesnt seem like much at all! and by reading other threads most people seem to do between 60 to 80 per eye, so very confused... and I was also taught to tape down the bottom lashes rather than use pads. Any opinions on this would be much appreciated? :lol: x

Hmmm, who was your training with? 30 is definitely not enough for a full set, I sometimes tape lashes first but always apply pads as it protects the delicate eye area from your tweezers, also good for wiping any excess glue on

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

Hi everyone! just wanting some advice just been on eyelash extension course and I was taught a full set is 30 lashes per eye? that doesnt seem like much at all! and by reading other threads most people seem to do between 60 to 80 per eye, so very confused... and I was also taught to tape down the bottom lashes rather than use pads. Any opinions on this would be much appreciated? :lol: x

No where near enough hun x

I tape down lashes and find this suitable. Am yet to find a pad that keeps all the lashes out of the way x

Thanx for the replys. It was through the British beauty academy only lasted 3 hours! Thought 30 wasn't enough, know I kno to apply at least double that. And the tape is ok. Any tips on isolating the lashes with the tweezers just been practising on my boyfriend bless him! Haha. Xx

I agree with the others but it also depends how many lashes your client has as you can obviously only put extension on existing natural lashes.

Regarding the isolating that is generally the trickiest part of applying the lash extensions. Try different ways ie left / right hand, different angles or different tweezers (straight/angled/Xtweezers) to find out if that helps but you will find it take some time to get used to this and doing different things with both hands.

I find angled tweezers the best for separating/isolating the lash and a fine point one for applying.
I also use a mascara wand and brush the lashes every now and then to help me keep them neat and spot unleashed lashes.
Lashes are practice practice and it will eventually click! I've been lashing just over a year and I still play with sizes and curls for all types of looks

Latest posts

Back