Make-up abroad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare_11

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am wondering if anyone has the experience or knowledge to help me out. I am getting married in Spain next year and I am just wondering what make-up is best suited for the warmer climates, i.e. not sliding off my face! Like what brands are more reliable to stay put. I don't like MAC foundations, currently using YSL. I've tried Chanel and benefit before now but never went back after I run out. Any help or recommendations are welcome :D

Clare x

Have you tried Estée Lauder double wear? .. That's what I use.. It's fab and stays put all day, plus it's waterproof!! :) I went to the Estée Lauder counter and the woman demonstrated this by putting some of the foundation on her hand, they sprayed water on to it and it literally ran off of it, yet wouldn't budge the foundation!! I love it :) hth xxx

Airbase foundations and blushers are silicone-based and 'move' with the face muscles instead of settling into lines.

It was designed by a make-up artist who needed a make-up that could withstand the extended hours of heat from lights etc on film sets.

It will last in-tact for 12 hours in extreme heat conditions.

Jacqui

Have you tried Estée Lauder double wear? .. That's what I use.. It's fab and stays put all day, plus it's waterproof!! :) I went to the Estée Lauder counter and the woman demonstrated this by putting some of the foundation on her hand, they sprayed water on to it and it literally ran off of it, yet wouldn't budge the foundation!! I love it :) hth xxx

I did get a tester of the double wear but she matched me up wrong so I never even used it! Will try again, heard good reviews. Thanks :)

Airbase foundations and blushers are silicone-based and 'move' with the face muscles instead of settling into lines.

It was designed by a make-up artist who needed a make-up that could withstand the extended hours of heat from lights etc on film sets.

It will last in-tact for 12 hours in extreme heat conditions.

Jacqui

I was thinking that about airbase but not sure if it will be an option for me over there, will look into it. Thanks :)

In a salon it would be sprayed on but you can buy the foundation, the blusher and a brush.

I use this everyday and prefer brushing it on rather than spraying.

Jacqui

In a salon it would be sprayed on but you can buy the foundation, the blusher and a brush.

Jacqui

Agreed - Airbase all the way! I have been using it on clients (and myself from time to time) for sometime now and it's suitable for all weather and climate situations. As jacquelineanna mentions, just buy the single foundation and brush - bare in mind, you may have got a bit of a tan too if you are out there a bit before your wedding, so your skin colour may be slightly different to now. They do a bronzer too which may help with this situation.

If you are not sure what shade to get, call their team at their office in Nottingham, all are really lovely and helpful and if you explain your situation with getting married abroad etc, I'm sure they would send you some samples first so you can choose the correct shade before you buy.

Enjoy and congrats on getting married :) x

I did get a tester of the double wear but she matched me up wrong so I never even used it! Will try again, heard good reviews. Thanks :)

Please don't use double wear on your wedding day. It contains a high level of titanium dioxide which does not photo well, it reacts with the flash of a camera and will make your face appear whiter than it is and will look lighter than your body.
What kind of skin do you have? Xx

Please don't use double wear on your wedding day. It contains a high level of titanium dioxide which does not photo well, it reacts with the flash of a camera and will make your face appear whiter than it is and will look lighter than your body.

I second this! I loved double wear until I saw myself in a photo. It's not just a subtle difference it literally makes you look white.
Rhiannon x

Hi Hon, what time of year will it be?? I live here in Spain and actually june and september arnt to bad, I use the mac primer and studio fix foundation, my make up doesnt budge even in August! Having said that, I did a couple of wedding make ups last year and as the brides had good skin we went with a primer and a light tinted moisturiser, when the sun is blazing a face full of slap is never a good look in pics!! Where are yo getting married?
xxxxx

Jacqui

So is the brand called airbase?

Agreed - Airbase all the way! I have been using it on clients (and myself from time to time) for sometime now and it's suitable for all weather and climate situations. As jacquelineanna mentions, just buy the single foundation and brush - bare in mind, you may have got a bit of a tan too if you are out there a bit before your wedding, so your skin colour may be slightly different to now. They do a bronzer too which may help with this situation.

If you are not sure what shade to get, call their team at their office in Nottingham, all are really lovely and helpful and if you explain your situation with getting married abroad etc, I'm sure they would send you some samples first so you can choose the correct shade before you buy.

Enjoy and congrats on getting married :) x

Thank you :D x

Oh really? I find the YSL a bit like this so definitely don't want that! I have medium (colour) skin, I will tan nicely in the sun but I have to wear sun cream or I burn and peel! It's normal, gets dry if I don't moisturise, but I don't get oily skin x

So is the brand called airbase?

Yes, it's retailed through salons or as JB suggested call the Airbase team in Nottingham.

I don't have their number to hand but Google them.

Jacqui

Hi Hon, what time of year will it be?? I live here in Spain and actually june and september arnt to bad, I use the mac primer and studio fix foundation, my make up doesnt budge even in August! Having said that, I did a couple of wedding make ups last year and as the brides had good skin we went with a primer and a light tinted moisturiser, when the sun is blazing a face full of slap is never a good look in pics!! Where are yo getting married?
xxxxx

It's in September. I don't want to look too caked, and I know once I have a little bit of a tan I won't need much make up, that's why I want to buy a decent brand on that will stay on and look flawless on photos. I don't really like MAC foundations, I find they just sink into the skin. Getting married Northern Costa Blanca, kind of al over ye place! Staying in Javea, church is in Altea and reception is in Calpe! Ha ha x

Yes, it's retailed through salons or as JB suggested call the Airbase team in Nottingham.

I don't have their number to hand but Google them.

Jacqui

Thanks Jacqui I will try them out x

Ah fab, I am just up the road in moraira! I think to be honest in September you wont have any probs, its not as hot here then. xxx

Ah fab, I am just up the road in moraira! I think to be honest in September you wont have any probs, its not as hot here then. xxx

Oh Moriara is lovely! Can you PM me and I will send you my email address for prices and info please? X

Recently had a photographer saying to me that art deco rich treatment foundation was perfect for photos xxx

Latest posts

Back