Samples

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snb

Reaction score
Hello, I had my training last night (with a brand highly recommended on here) and was quite surprised at the colour as it was only an 8% but seems quite dark (even the trainer said it didn't seem like an 8% and wasn't even convinced it was their brand even though it was sent directly from them). So I would like to try other brands to compare the colours. How do you go about getting samples? Do you have to pay for them? Thanks

We use Lauren's way at my salon u can ring them and they will send u samples x

You can ring the companies you want to try and they will send u free sample I think x

Not all companies send free samples any more ;-( they offer trial size bottles so you can pick the percentages you want. You will have to ring and them and ask. I can understand that they cant give it all away but some people begrudge paying for samples which I can also understand.
Good luck hon, it's defenitely worth trying a few different ones out and when you do a search on here you will find which ones are highly recommended. It is easy to become complacent with your usual supplier so I do try to order in a few samples every now and then and use them on myself. I dont use anything on a customer that I havent tried out on me first. That way I can tell them exactly what to expect. hth's

Capital do a lovely one as well which you can pop in to buy, I have also seen spray tan solution at Sally's but havent used that one yet.

Companies who gave me samples for free were

La tan - I think I got 3 little bottles

Suntana - i was quite surprised by how big the bottles were from these!

LDN skin tones - these seem like a nice company, the lady phoned me back to see if I liked it ect.. it had not turned up so she got onto the courier service then rang me back & i recieved 2 days later.

Fake bake - got 2 mini bottles

Tantrick - got quite a few little bottles from these.

Sunless solutions (also this company included moisturiser, gradual tan & exfoliation scrub which i thinks fab! My gradual tan went missing & found my hubby had nicked it! I caught him lathering it on his face lol oh & sunless has impressed me to be fair!)

Company's - I've paid for samples from are

Nouvatan (wasn't too expensive & I got 2 small bottles but definetly enough to do a few tans! Also recieved the next day, but I've seen geeks say they've phoned Nouvatan & got free samples? So you'd have to check they may of changed it)

I did contact Sienna but the lady on the phone was rude & pushing me to buy & wouldnt give me a sample for free & when i mentioned ladys on salon geek have had free samples she said oh i dont think they did! so I never bothered with that brand!

Brown bitz charge but i ordered 2 litres & Alex sent me a cherry berry sample for free

I think omg do samples for free too.. I've sampled it but from another spray tanner.

Vani t also do free samples except I asked for one & it never did arrive :(! X

Companies who gave me samples for free were

La tan - I think I got 3 little bottles

Suntana - i was quite surprised by how big the bottles were from these!

LDN skin tones - these seem like a nice company, the lady phoned me back to see if I liked it ect.. it had not turned up so she got onto the courier service then rang me back & i recieved 2 days later.

Fake bake - got 2 mini bottles

Tantrick - got quite a few little bottles from these.

Sunless solutions (also this company included moisturiser, gradual tan & exfoliation scrub which i thinks fab! My gradual tan went missing & found my hubby had nicked it! I caught him lathering it on his face lol oh & sunless has impressed me to be fair!)

Company's - I've paid for samples from are

Nouvatan (wasn't too expensive & I got 2 small bottles but definetly enough to do a few tans! Also recieved the next day, but I've seen geeks say they've phoned Nouvatan & got free samples? So you'd have to check they may of changed it)

I did contact Sienna but the lady on the phone was rude & pushing me to buy & wouldnt give me a sample for free & when i mentioned ladys on salon geek have had free samples she said oh i dont think they did! so I never bothered with that brand!

Brown bitz charge but i ordered 2 litres & Alex sent me a cherry berry sample for free

I think omg do samples for free too.. I've sampled it but from another spray tanner.

Vani t also do free samples except I asked for one & it never did arrive :(! X

Really helpful post,
I have also heard that some people pay and some don't for Nouvatan, ????
Might be worth checking on this one, maybe they have changed their procedures or maybe it just depends on who you get to speak to. I think they are woth chasing up though as there seems to be a lot of happy users out there. I also really liked Sunless solutions and my customers loved it too.

st tropez also send free samples :)

Latest posts

Back