Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlo

Reaction score
I trained with Hollywood lashes over three years ago. Did not think that much of the training, tried various fast setting glues now using Eyelash emporium . I am not impressed as the lashes are not staying on very long. People expectations are very high I think because wearing strip lashes is very common they think they will achieve the same look.
I have got to a point now do I continue or give up lashes. I have spent a lot of time and money looking at different advice. If I change brand should I go for more training, what is the best thing to do ?

HI Marlo,
if you really love lashing, then please don't give up!
If you were trained properly, then changing a brand shouldn't be a problem. I was trained with one company and now using 3 different companies products with no further training.
How long do your clients lashes usually last? My clients are so different. Some need touch ups every 2 weeks( coming back to me with only 2 lashes in the corner of the eye), some every 3-4 weeks( coming back to me with 70% of lashes on). And i use exactly the same products on all of them. i always explain how important it is to look after their lashes and so on. Sometimes i feel like i am talking to the wall. :D But that's the best i can do and i can be sure that i went through a proper aftercare with my clients. Rest is down to them.
Try different glues, different brands and see what suits you the best.
You will get there and it will get easier...just practice.:hug:
And to be honest, my training was rubbish! But it is all down to what you do after your training. I have spent hours, days and weeks here on Salongeek looking for tips and advice...and must say that geeks here are brilliant and very helpful!
Hth.x

Marlo,

I'm not far from you at all. If you want me to go over some things with you I'm sure I could help.

I really don't think you should pay for another training course. You maybe just need a few hours of troubleshooting to get you back on track

You can pm me if you are interested

E x

Marlo,

I'm not far from you at all. If you want me to go over some things with you I'm sure I could help.

I really don't think you should pay for another training course. You maybe just need a few hours of troubleshooting to get you back on track

You can pm me if you are interested

E x

Awww what a lovely thing to do :D

I wish you was near me Elliebee! x

Me too!! That's so lovely :)

I think we should all hire a mini bus & have a geeks training day out to elliebees house, what do you all say??? :D I'm in! lol x

Haha! Great idea Lush-Lash! I'm definetley in! x

Ermmmm.......:Scared::Scared::Scared:

LOL

Me toooooooo:D

Well you did offer elliebee lol :p

Can I come too :oD

Haha we'll all be there ;) x

It would be an official lashers day out! x

Think elliebee is in hiding now haha x:D

Yep we've scared her off lol

I wonder if we all promise to take cakes & sweets she'll change her mind?? :D

I wonder if we all promise to take cakes & sweets she'll change her mind?? :D

LOL. I'll do anything for free cakes and sweets! LOL

I am actually thinking of offering mentoring sessions. Not training as such, it would be for girls who have already qualified and have certificates but just feel they need a few hours of extra help. I know lashers should be able to go back to their training providers for this but, for some reason, that doesn't seem to happen. There would be no lash posts on SG if everyone felt confident with their lashing!!

What do you think? Would there be a market for this?

Definitely!!! What a lovely idea xx

We actually offer tutoring and refresher courses 1-2-1 but most therapists are quite happy using the products once they are certified.

Sadly there is some that prefer posting questions rather than asking their trainers or suppliers which is obviously the life and soul of forums but unfortunately they wouldn't want to pay for tutoring either 😉

I think that's a great idea Elliebee. I felt I needed to ask questions and find out tips about 4-6 months after my initial training, once my speed had picked up etc. I too trained with Hollywood but didn't feel I could go back to them 4-6 months later, at this point a mentor would've have been perfect. Like most lash tech's a found lots of info on here I have since been on further training with Lash by Francesca who is in contact with you regularly offering help and advice. It's definitely down to who you train with. There are some great lashers on here, Elliebee, Blinking Gorgeous, Ms Diva to name just a few who have helped me no end with their knowledge. It would be great if we could have a network of mentors around the country giving everyone someone nearby to go to :)

Latest posts

Back