Sunbeds help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautystar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me. I have been thinking for a while now about installing a Sunbed in my salon but I am not sure about so many things.

First should I lease, rent or buy??

Also are there any brands that you can recommend, I have been looking at helianova rental option however are there any pitfalls I should look out for?

Also do u think lie down or stand up beds are better and why?

Will my electricity bill increase significantly afte install and what should I expect.

After speaking to a number of reps they have told me that in the past beds used to use a lot more electricity but now the new ones are a lot more efficient, however I am not that trusting as after all they are just sales people after a sale and I don't want to make any mistakes.

I look forward to all your responses and apologies for so many questions.

Hi, we lease our Sunbed, it's ours after 3years. We can trade it in for a better model and pay the difference or lease again. It's quite flexible. In the first year it's under guarantee so anything wrong with it you give them a call and they came out the same day!
You need to make sure you have correct electrical output (forgot what its called)

We chose a stand up and we've found it popular, I think it depends on area and what you found your clients like? Maybe do a little questionnaire to your clients to find out?

We went with helienova and got loads of creams to get us started to retail which was good.

Hth

Kate xx

Hi have sunbeds, I have 2 stand n tan and 1 lie down which I bought they are all Hapro, they do put electricity costs up. I currently pay £250 per month D.D for electric alone. Thats before cost of replacement tubes, replacemnet starters, sunbed cleaner and couch roll to wipe, baby wipes, winkease, client record cards etc etc. I also have the added expense of having to have a member of staff on duty at all times at reception, as it is a walk in service and now Law. There are also the extra costs with regards salon insurance and there are not so many willing to insure on sunbeds now, my costs have more than doubled in the last 2 years!
All points to consider, I am having thoughts wether or not to keep them at the moment. Currently going through in depth costs to have them to see if they are cost effective, or simply just paying there way. :confused:

Latest posts

Back