Blonde hair extensions and root regrowth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouisej

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Looking fr some professional advice on blonde hair extensions where the natural hair colour isn't blonde.

I currently have micro rings installed, in a 6N which is closest to my natural hair colour, however coming to summer and all, I wouldn't mind going blonde. I know I will need new extensions fitted once I have gone blonde, but my question is, how do the extensions look whilst my natural 6N hair is coming through? Would you recommend getting blonde hair extensions fitted if you are not a natural blonde? I am confident they will look fine when the extensions are first fitted ( at which point the hair will be newly dyed, therefore no roots) however I'm thinking more about three/four weeks in.

Lastly how wold I go about maintain it? I assume bleaching the roots is more complex with extensions in/

Hello everyone,

Looking fr some professional advice on blonde hair extensions where the natural hair colour isn't blonde.

I currently have micro rings installed, in a 6N which is closest to my natural hair colour, however coming to summer and all, I wouldn't mind going blonde. I know I will need new extensions fitted once I have gone blonde, but my question is, how do the extensions look whilst my natural 6N hair is coming through? Would you recommend getting blonde hair extensions fitted if you are not a natural blonde? I am confident they will look fine when the extensions are first fitted ( at which point the hair will be newly dyed, therefore no roots) however I'm thinking more about three/four weeks in.

Lastly how wold I go about maintain it? I assume bleaching the roots is more complex with extensions in/

I don't understand extension colours but I have coloured a clients hair who has extensions. Your best going to a salon that does extensions to ensure the stylists know the correct application with extensions fitted.

Procedure for regrowth is the same whether you have ext or not. Maybe go for a high lift tint rather than bleach tho, as hair needs a bit of strength to support extensions, particularly with micro rings.
Your regrowth is done with the ext still in place, it's no biggie.

You should not be wearing micro rings on bleached hair it can snap it off get them bonded in x:D

Latest posts

Back