Nail length/growth question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamskri

Reaction score
I've been trying to grow my nails out for some time now. I have been using the Gel II Gel polish which is doing some for my nail growth but the unevenness of my growth is outrageous . My pinkie and ring fingers on both hands are ridiculously long but my pointer and middle fingers are very uneven and do not seem to grow at the same rate. Are there any suggestions on what to do? Anyone else with this problem?

Do you have IBX? It helps to stimulate nail growth. Maybe a good option for you :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Actually, nothing really stimulates nail growth (pregnancy and hormones being a notable exception) - Can You Make Your Fingernails Grow Faster?. Your nails grow at about 3.5 mm a month. What these products tend to do is make your nails stronger and resistant to breaking, so they do get stronger and longer. The nails on your dominant hand tend to grow faster than those on the other hand, and the nails on your longer fingers grow faster than the shorter ones. So, your middle finger is the fastest growing and your thumb and pinkie the slowest.

IBX is a great product for growing strong, long nails. It does not make them grow faster, but it strengthens the nails, heals and prevents splits and delamination. I've been using IBX for a couple of months now and my nails are much longer and stronger now. IBX Repair made my nails brittle, but I've been using just IBX even under my gel polish to great effect.

Latest posts

Back