£260 per week for a beauty room and nail station in Edgware - is this right?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that you could be reading into our replies a little to much the op asked if that rent was reasonable basically.

Now if you were to take a room somewhere weather it be in a posh part of London or else where you need to look at the clientele that you may or may not be getting,how many beauty places there is around how hard it may or may noot be to get clientele.

I think the price is to high if your not sure if your going to be able to cover rent or not it's alot to pay back.

I've seen alot of job offeres in gumtree and all other sites for well to do places in London charging half of that price that's all some where trying to say.

Thank you all so very much for your honest advice. Although very diverse but still very useful in helping me to make a serious decision. Looking back to the 2 visits I made to the salon, I did noticed that the place isn't busy at all so that now becomes my biggest concern. The owner has been trying to let the room and desk out since last September and it is still empty. So I think I'll sit on it for a while and hopefully she'll come back to me with a better offer.

You have been so helpful and I am very grateful to you all indeed.

wow:eek: thats really expensive i am about to rent a room, nail and waiting area in a busy hair salon for £60 a week but im up north not in london

Thank you all so very much for your honest advice. Although very diverse but still very useful in helping me to make a serious decision. Looking back to the 2 visits I made to the salon, I did noticed that the place isn't busy at all so that now becomes my biggest concern. The owner has been trying to let the room and desk out since last September and it is still empty. So I think I'll sit on it for a while and hopefully she'll come back to me with a better offer.

You have been so helpful and I am very grateful to you all indeed.
That's smart. You never know with some people. If that space was open since September and there were no takers, the owner has been losing out and is trying to make money back. One of the salons by me is doing that. They've had a nail "station" open since Sept/Oct. with no takers and the asking price has increased with each month. It started at 50PW and is currently at 140PW. They're not very busy either despite the very busy location but that's because their end of the street is full of salons!

Is the salon established? What would you estimated daily revenue/profit be?

I think it sounds quite good, I wouldn't mind a room for £260 a month on Edgeware with everything you've said is included :)

How are you getting on Bconcepts?

Is the salon established? What would you estimated daily revenue/profit be?

I think it sounds quite good, I wouldn't mind a room for £260 a month on Edgeware with everything you've said is included :)

Indeed, however it's £260 per WEEK!

Indeed, however it's £260 per WEEK!

Whoops I must not SalonGeek when sleepy!

£260 a week for Edgeware Road still doesn't seem terrible to me, OP have you looked at many other locations?

Hiya, have just come back from the hair salon I was going to rent a room and nail desk in North London. The owner is asking me for £260/week for the room and desk. Are there any geeks in London can tell me if this is the going rate please? Thank you.

WOW! I still think thats steep. But it is London after all.:wink2:

Last edited:
You can't class edgeware as london really it's on the outskirts 5 mins from my house and I'm 5 mins away from Watford.

It's not like central london what so ever lol and £260 per week is not a great price as the area isnt like living in Chelsea or really posh parts of London.not saying it's not nice or there isn't nice parts.

Xx

I think the OP is referring to Edgware the town as opposed to the Edgware Rd in central London (although please correct me if I'm wrong OP) :D x

Whoops I must not SalonGeek when sleepy!

£260 a week for Edgeware Road still doesn't seem terrible to me, OP have you looked at many other locations?

Sorry my prev post should have quoted this reply x

Again there's always going to be debates on prices.
Everything & everyone is different

Latest posts

Back