90% white hair with pink tone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyddi124

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a client with 90% white hair at the front and 70% at the back but had been dying her hair blonde (base 12) and was looking to irradicate the brassy tones.

I used Illumina 12/16 with some low lights of 9/17 through - the mid lengths and ends looked perfect but the roots had a very faint pink tone to them - do you guys have any idea why this would be? Is the white hair picking up the secondary violet tone too much, i thought this but not sure why its gone pink rather than violet?

Thanks x

I used 12/16 koleston highlift on a customer with 30-70% white and it went extremely pink [emoji15]

I think it's a mistake to use a highlift on white hair as it needs more colour adding rather than less and the density of colour pigment in a highlift tint is much less than in say a level 9 or 10.

I wanted to blend her own colour( ginger ) on a base 8-9with her white normally use 12/1 which works well
Thought 12/16 would cancel the warmth , which it did on the natural but the /6 was more intense than I had anticipated !

Hiya don't use the 12/16 with grey hair and put some base in you 9/17 this should sort the problem

I used 12/16 koleston highlift on a customer with 30-70% white and it went extremely pink [emoji15]

Glad I'm not the only one I was so confused!

Latest posts

Back