A bit glum about wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
I felt soooooo bad but I had to let a regular client down last week for personal reasons. I knew she was going away for the weekend and I offered her other times but shes never been that flexible.

She came in this morning having been to a NSS for a new set of wraps. I have to say the finish on them was great but they did use a drill/file. She said they used 2 strips of silk. They didnt need much attention really so I just took the length down a bit, applied a light resin infill and a fresh coat of polish. After wearing mine for 2 weeks they are in a right state, loads of cracks, then she polishes them without a base coat and all the polish gets underneath the wraps and I have to soak off etc etc. I've never felt very happy about the results and longevity of her nails.

Can anyone tell me, is it best to put 2 layers on when applying a fresh set? I never have but I confess to having a few clinets who are really really heavy on their nails and could certainly do with it.

Those of you who use wraps systems alot, can you tell me which files and buffers you use for finishing? I'm going to ditch my white block in favour of something a bit easier and more effective to use (if there is such a thing!)

Latest posts

Back