Absconding Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louge

Reaction score
Hello everyone hpe you all had a good crimbo and santa brought you all you wanted.

Anyway, need help with a Brisa question. I done two sets of nails a few weeks back, one set of sculpts and the other tip and overlay both with Brisa.

The firstr lady txt me to say that hers fell off and she didnt even notice and I spoke to the other today whosaid that hers had also come off without her realising!?!
When I looked at her nails, there was damage to the nail plate which looked like what you get when you prise them off. I asked her how she removed them and she said she used tip remover and they came off within minutes? Im slightly confused as Brisa isn't a soak off gel and I done thourugh prep on both. Although it was my first attempt at using Brisa

Does anyone have any suggestions, Im stumped..the only thing I wasn't sure of was do you have to stir the gel? I know you have to do this with Bio Sculpture. The brisa looked very thick to do this with???

Hiya,

I think they have both helped their nails to "pop off". Brisa is just as good as l&p and if you've preped ok then they should be ok.

The only thing I'll say is that I only get about two weeks out of a full set, and the clients in the salon I used to work at, used to come back every two weeks too.

So my little nail geek, I dont think it's you.

Hope this helps??

Claire.

Cuticles (Bolton) Ltd

louge said:
Hello everyone hpe you all had a good crimbo and santa brought you all you wanted.

Anyway, need help with a Brisa question. I done two sets of nails a few weeks back, one set of sculpts and the other tip and overlay both with Brisa.

The firstr lady txt me to say that hers fell off and she didnt even notice and I spoke to the other today whosaid that hers had also come off without her realising!?!
When I looked at her nails, there was damage to the nail plate which looked like what you get when you prise them off. I asked her how she removed them and she said she used tip remover and they came off within minutes? Im slightly confused as Brisa isn't a soak off gel and I done thourugh prep on both. Although it was my first attempt at using Brisa

Does anyone have any suggestions, Im stumped..the only thing I wasn't sure of was do you have to stir the gel? I know you have to do this with Bio Sculpture. The brisa looked very thick to do this with???

I want some of that tip remover!!!!!!!!It would make life much easier if I could "soak" off a buff off gel in minutes!!!!!

Your lady is telling you big fat porkies.......she picked them off.

You do not need to stir Brisa Gels.
Have you done a class with Brisa? If you did, I'm sure no one showed you that you need to stir the gel.
I wear Brisa all the time and it never moves. I rebalance every 3-4 weeks (depending how lazy I am). It is incredibly retentive and would definitely need a helping hand to get it off. As for tip remover??? No.
NO refunds .. no apologies for your work. If the clients have tampered with the goods, the problems are down to them.

There's a couple of things that are puzzling me. Firstly if they say they didn't notice them come off and then one says she uses tip remover and they came off in minutes then surely she notived them come off. Secondly what the hell is she doing with tip remover? It's for professionals only. She should use acetone free polish remover and nothing else.

Also most of my clients go 3-4 weeks between fills, even up to 6 if they have to with no breakages and minimal lifting if any. But that's if they look after them. You also get heavy handed clients who treat them as tools not jewels and it sounds like your ladies fall into this category.

Thanks ladies. I was also baffeled to what one of them said about them coming off so easily due to the visible damage on her nail plate. She said not to worry when I spoke to her so maybe a little bit of guilt was kicking in.

Im booked onto my Brisa induction in March, my sister loves being my guinpig so I might have a go with her nails tomorrow.

I wouldn't use it on clients before doing the training, one of those reasons being your insurance, surely you're not covered without a cert?
I love using Brisa, moreso since the Induction day as I now know how to use it properly.

Now then, i use brisa but haven't done the induction course either. I qualified (NVQ) with L&P, Gel, Fabric at college. I have done the conversion and other classes in L&P with Creative though.

Latest posts

Back