Acrygel ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz68

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i am new to this sight so bear with me lol. I am a newly qualified nail tech and wondered if anyone has used this new product called acrygel, if so what do you think about it?:confused:

Also i am trying to find out the best type of gel there is before i spend any more money, i would be grateful for any feedback about products used.:D

Hi Everyone, i am new to this sight so bear with me lol. I am a newly qualified nail tech and wondered if anyone has used this new product called acrygel, if so what do you think about it?:confused:

Also i am trying to find out the best type of gel there is before i spend any more money, i would be grateful for any feedback about products used.:D
:green:HI, I CURRENTLY USE THE GEL SYSTEM AND HAVE DONE FOR 8 YEARS, THE ONLY GEL I WILL USE IS STARNAILS. AS FOR THE ACRYGEL SYSTEM I GO TO AMERICA ALOT ON HOLIDAY AND WHEN I AM THERE I ALLWAYS HAVE MY NAILS DONE WITH THIS SYSTEM AND TO BE HONEST WITH YOU THIS IS THE BEST SYSTEM BY FAR. WHEN I HAVE THEM DONE USING ACRYGEL I NEVER,EVER HAVE ANY BREAKAGES, THEY ARE SO STRONG,LISA

What's it's availability like is this country?

I am not a gel tech, I use acrylic but was thinking of getting some gel training so when I went to Professional Beauty at Gmex a couple of weeks ago I went to the acrygel stand out of curiousity. I must say I have to agree with what has already been said the product looked really good, the demonstrator was explaining that it has the same strength as acrylic but is really shiny like gel, 2 for the price of one!! Plus the prices were brilliant too, it was considerably cheaper than some other brands on the market.

What's it's availability like is this country?

You can get Acrygel at any Capital store. There is one in Bristol, not sure about Gloucester. If you are at college training, they give you a letter so that you can go in and purchase any items you want as it is trade only. I have some Acrygel and it is excellent, hard wearing, but is self levelling so difficult to build an apex.

Hth's :)

If I'm thinking correctly this was previously a Michelle Porter product?
It is available on a 2 day course to learn the basics i think?
It may now be Star Nails or Cuccio.
Either way I really don't think you can learn everything that needs to be learnt in 2 days.
jmho

The genuine Acrygel product is a Star Nail product from the USA, I think you can order from their website.

Hi does anyone know of where to get this in Australia,its sounds great,one of my friends from uk said that is what she used all the time.
Thanks Lorri

Check out the Star Nail USA website it will tell you who to contact in Australia.

michelle porter does this and you can buy it from alan howard wholesalers. Also a company called pure nails does gelacryl think they are in kent. hope that helps...

Ive been using Acrygel by Michelle Porter for about 2 years now.
:lol:LOVE IT! IT’S strong looks fab and stays on well. It has a gentle application method to so not had on the natural nail. Any probs or questions Ill be happy to help. C :hug:

I have recently converted to acrygel with michelle porter through capital, although i like the system & love the colours i dont think much of their customer service, training was terrible and there never seams to be any products in store. I wouldnt recomend them!!

I have recently converted to acrygel with michelle porter through capital, although i like the system & love the colours i dont think much of their customer service, training was terrible and there never seams to be any products in store. I wouldnt recomend them!!

I bought Acrygel on a whim but haven't been on the conversion course. Would you recommend me doing that so thatcould add it to my range? How do you manage building up the apex?

Thanks in advance :hug:

if you already use gel i dont think you need to go on the course it is really straight forward. You can build the apex by curing upside down on the second layer (hold the lamp upside down with the clients hand in it, this does look really daft.) to be honest i dont really bother as most like it as it is, quite flat but still natural looking. If you need any extra info im always happy to help.

How is the acrygel removed? is it a buff off or soak off like normal acrylics?

te]
hi yer i always ways use acrygel it much better than better then acylic last longer and more flexible.:green:

buff then soak.

if you already use gel i dont think you need to go on the course it is really straight forward. You can build the apex by curing upside down on the second layer (hold the lamp upside down with the clients hand in it, this does look really daft.) to be honest i dont really bother as most like it as it is, quite flat but still natural looking. If you need any extra info im always happy to help.

Thankx very much. I'll pm you if I get stuck!! :):)

Latest posts

Back