Acrylic nails lifted after 1 day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazyb

Reaction score
I did a clients acrylics on Wednesday at my house. It was the first time I had done her nails. The weather was so warm and the room we were in was too. I just couldn't cool it down as I didn't have a fan. I filed, primed and applied the acrylic the same as always however they lifted today and 6 fell off! I am so embarrassed, I offered to do them again however she is going to her usual discount salon tomorrow. I have given her her money back but I am mortified. Could the heat have had something to do with this? If so, is there anything I can do to prevent this? I have really lost my confidence now as I have only been doing acrylics for 3 months.

Thanks

[ethnic reference substituted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya

I think the line "she's going to her usual discount salon" says it all, if most of your clients don't have a problem, please don't waste your time and energy beating yourself up over this.

If she's a regular at an nss salon, they will have filed her natural nail to within a mm of its life, weakening it and making it too flimsy to hold a decent product. Nss salons use substandard imported products which set like concrete and are damaging for the nails, but the trouble is clients are fooled because they are strong and don't come off. Electric files are needed to file this product because hand files won't touch it. And I've seen a lot of damage done by electric files (in the wrong hands)

So my guess would be, if she's come to you from an nss, THAT is the reason her nails came off. A weak flimsy nail will have so much movement in it, product will easily separate from it.

Chin up chicken xx :)

I agree. It's so frustrating competing with these 'salons'. They are damaging the industry

Thankyou for the replies. I use nsi so I know all my products are good quality and everyone else's have been fine. I think I'll refuse to do clients nails if they usually have them done at one of these salons and just offer a manicure until the nails are stronger because I've now wasted money and time.

Thankyou :) x

hi chazyb i had the exact same problem last week and i am thinking about going on the CND conversion course just to improve my skills as i have had problems with lifting and has disheartened me i dont know if i am doing something wrong or is just the products i am using xx

Thankyou for the replies. I use nsi so I know all my products are good quality and everyone else's have been fine. I think I'll refuse to do clients nails if they usually have them done at one of these salons and just offer a manicure until the nails are stronger because I've now wasted money and time.

Thankyou :) x
Totally agree. This is what I do now as it just makes you look rubbish yet it's not your fault

Latest posts

Back