advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqui

Reaction score
hi,

i did my daughters nails (extremely bad bitten nails) which lasted aprox 3 weeks with only the odd one, being repaired. which i thought was good considering the mess they were in.

next i did my sister-in-laws ( nails were pretty normal ) on saturday, but, she phoned me last night to tell me 6 of them had just popped off.
my question is how can i get them to stay on badly bitten nails but not on normal nails.

i have read a few post about them popping off and it seems to be the prep, but i treated them both the same, so how does one have problems?

what am i doing wrong?
any advice would be helpful.

Hi Jacqui,

Have you considered the fact that nails do not simply 'pop off'? As you say, you had no problems with your daughters nails and the prep was the same for both.... perhaps your sister-in-law isnt telling you the whole truth? maybe she caught them, bit them off etc etc..... dont be so quick to blame yourself! x

Has your sister-in-law had nail enhancements before? Were they too long for her? Is she REALLY being careful :wink2: Some people think they are being careful with their nails but then when you get talking to them ,you normally find the truth comes out :lol:

You may need to shorten the enhancements (until she has got use to them) and maybe apply alittle more product over the stress area.

HTH
Lou x

I did a few nails on my little cousin (she wanted to see how long they would last for her holiday!), the prep was immaculate, the length was fine and the finished article was beautiful (even if I do say so myself!). I did my sisters nails at the same time and hers are still perfect.

A week and a half later, her mum came to visit and I asked about her nails. WELL!!! She said, mine just 'popped off' and do did francesca's! In fact, francesca had said to her mum,
i thought they weren't supposed to just pop off
I explained that they didn't and that both my mum and I had, had ours on since November with none 'popping off'. I got a text message later that night to say that she had said to her daughter that I had been asking about the nails and it turns out (wahdya know!) that she had bitten it all off. I don't even want to think about the state of her own nails.

my mam told me tonight that she had been using the tips of her nails to type a message on her mobile,
so, maybe just maybe she has been using the tip of her nail at work too, when she is typing.

I've had 'popping off' nails, and it seems to be down to mix ratio. As the product is curing at the wrong rate, it can tighten too much around the nail and just lift away.

Mine flew across the kitchen in a spectacular fashion. I hadn't done that set by the way. I had been to a salon for them before I had started. That is part of the reason I set up my own business. Anyway....

When clients have returned and said that they have just popped off, you can tell that they are telling the truth by how much nail damage is done. Popping off doesn't seem to take nail plate with it as much.

I found it hard in the summer heat. I spoke to my CND educator and found that I was working too wet. Then the nightmare started of trying to work drier. Oh, my god, that was good practise.

Then winter hit and I had to adjust again. Its all good fun isn't it?

Latest posts

Back