Advice on my new hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the colours she has used in your hair look lovely but I see what you mean, it's not what you wanted, the lowlights are to dark for you. They will fade quite quickly though and just say to your hairdresser you don't want them so dark. Toners are not bad for your hair either so I don't know why she didn't apply a toner? X

Also the right toner will make your hair appear lighter/whiter x

She probably knows she can get your hair to look better than it did! Without sounding like we know it all , I would like to try to "persuade"my clients if I thought I could ! X

Ok thanks Hun feel a lot better now!! It's just a change and I love blonde lol worked for years to get it this blonde and would hate to go back to square one. Although must admit she is a very good hairdresser I can tell she knows what she is talking about. Having layers cut next time she said my old hairdressers seemed old fashioned as they do blunt cuts and she will make it look nicer! Apparently I have fine hair but lots of it! The ends will be thinner but overall will lay nicer. I'm going to take the chance and have it cut next time. It always grows back!!

👍glad you are feeling better x it's hard when u have been used to someone for a long time !! Am sure this time next week u will love it x x

Thanks baby chops. Yes it is nice but it's not what I wanted. I think she did what she likes lol. I thought toner darkened the blonde? Because when she took the foils off it was almost white and now it's ash and dull blonde? Thanks guys x

No not all toners darken the hair, there are many toners that give many different results x

Oh and she did apply a toner in the end! X

The toner she has used has made it go grey ash colour x

You should ask her if she could use a different toner to give a brighter result rather than an ashy result x

My mum has just said how it suits me as I'm naturally darker she thinks it brings out my features more. I'm still not sold. When I put my hair up it looks a lot darker agh will see how I feel after few washes. Next time defo asking for more blonde and thinner lighter browns. And a toner that doesn't make it dull and grey lol xx she only used 9% peroxide too with the tint. I'm used to bleach xx

I think the toner is partly my fault as I said I hate yellow brassy tones so she said an ash toner. Next time I'll say I want it brighter xx

If you are used to bleach you will def feel a lot darker with the high lift tint and darker colours. You just have to explain that you think it's nice but what you really want is to be a brighter blonde x

She has used a an ash toner to get rid of any yellow tone, and that's prob why it looks a bit grey to u(ash)but again once it's washed a few times it will brighten up x

Thanks guys. I did say when I booked I wanted bleach and she put in high lift without asking! So next time I will say exactly what you said baby chops and hopefully she will use bleach or a high lift which will lift as much as bleach (but I don't think any high lift will) xx

And thanks Rachel for explaining everything. Fingers crossed after a few washes it will brighten up. Don't see why hairdressers are so against bleach xx

*some hairdressers lol xx

Sometimes full head bleach hi lights over a long period of time look like a tint

Hi lights are only a percentage of your hair coloured so over time the ends look blocky and when you foil your roots 50% of your natural is still showing
Hope I'm explaining myself ok half asleep

So I think she had tried to even out your colour to prevent this,

But if it's not what you want tell her next time,

Personally your lo lights are too chunky but they will fade so will your toner as said above

Yes they are chunky! Glad it will all fade. I like that highlights look like tint! Because they are better for your hair aren't they than tint? She thinks my highlights look like tint so has tried to make them highlights again but I like the tint look. I guess I will have to explain myself better next time. I know it's cheaper to tint hair but you still get a bit of dark with highlights wheras tint is so block colour. I don't know if I'm right but that's what I've always been told xx

Yes they are chunky! Glad it will all fade. I like that highlights look like tint! Because they are better for your hair aren't they than tint? She thinks my highlights look like tint so has tried to make them highlights again but I like the tint look. I guess I will have to explain myself better next time. I know it's cheaper to tint hair but you still get a bit of dark with highlights wheras tint is so block colour. I don't know if I'm right but that's what I've always been told xx

Yes I understand what she's tried to do,
Em no tint isn't worse for your hair,
Colours colour and if it's applied correctly the method doesn't matter.

What you like is your own personal choice,

Latest posts

Back