Advice on these nails please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janie215

Reaction score
Hi. I had these nails done today. My own nails are very bitten and short so I didn't expect the same result as if I had grown them a bit. However to me they don't look right. I've attached some photos. Any advice greatly appreciated. I will file them myself tonight but just keen to get a bit of advice first.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1494442105.449233.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1494442127.935962.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1494442148.356084.jpg

Hi
I'm not an expert yet but they don't look right. There's no curvature and the tip upwards at the end.
I'm sure one of the pros will comment soon

So one quick question : why did you leave the salon without expressing your concerns to the nail technician. ?

They were'nt English and didn't appear to understand what I was asking.

I'm wondering about filing down and trying to get a bit of curvature on the top?

You can't make an apex where there is none. They are flat and ski sloped. Also way too thick.

They're just not good at doing nails. You need a better nail tech, preferably one who speaks the same language as you.

The trouble is that there are about 3 discount nail bars where I live and no decent ones. I've rang round a few further afield and asked if they did sculptured nails but no one does.

Well you could try file the front down so the front edge isn't as thick but if it's a c curve you wanting I sad to say that you can't create one. Filing the front might make them more wearable but I think they are still going to be uncomfortable to wear. Sorry , what about trying gel extensions if there is a salon near you.

Thanks for your advice. I am a terrible nail biter so go for acrylics for strength x

Have you googled for a local tech working from home?. "Towns name CND nail tech" or something like that?.

I have. I'm CND qualified in shellac although don't work in nails any more. I tried looking in their website as they used to list shellac approved nail techs but couldn't find anything. I really didn't think it would be this hard to find someone who knew what they were doing. Thanks for your help x

Not sure if you found anyone yet but where abouts are you in the west mids? Marco benito has a good nail salon in Birmingham city centre

Latest posts

Back