Aesthetic Beauty | BAAPS Announces Launch Of National Institute of Aesthetic Research

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
At their 29th annual Scientific meeting, BAAPS announced the launch of the National Institute of Aesthetic Reasearch; a joint venture with the Healing Foundation.

The moves aims to address the lack of data surrounding aesthetic and cosmetic treatments, highlight starkly by the recent Keogh review. The NIAR hopes to set research priorities and manage a programme of research.

Rajive Grover, a consultant plastic surgeon and BAAPS President said, "We are pleased to launch the government endorsed National Institute of Aesthetic Research, the first of its kind in the world. As concluded in the Keogh report earlier this year, thorough scientific evaluations, peer-reviewed studies and public education are urgently needed in the aesthetics sector; these have always been the BAAPS's own objectives and are now the NIAR's."

Sir Bruce Keogh welcomed the move. "I welcome the announcement from the Healing Foundation and BAAPS on the launch of the National Institute of Aesthetic Research. This joint initiative is the first recommendation of my review to be implemented and I know it will provide a major contribution to patient safety."

The NIAR have already implemented the Breast Implant Safety campaign and are inviting breast implant manufacturers worldwide to donate £1 per device sold to help fund a research programme aimed at improving all aspects of breast implant safety, treatment and aftercare.

The Chief Executive of Healing Foundation, Brendon Eley, commented that, "At the Healing Foundation, we are delighted to launch the National Institute of Aesthetic Research in conjunction with BAAPS with the backing of our corporate partners to help the profession, as well as the public, make sense of a sector where the objectives of business and medicine are known regularly to collide."

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 07.20.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 07.20.11.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back